Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question on Content Syndication
Hi Kurt,

I came across a video where a guy said he is getting a lot of traffic by copying and pasting his blog posts into Medium.com reddit etc etc.

And I was wondering if this is still a viable practice...or if Google would frown upon such matters.

The idea behind his strategy was to post the content on high traffic sites...but wanted to get your thoughts on the matter as I trust you more.

Thank you for your time

-Mark
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mark D's post:
  • Kurt
Like Reply
(03-09-2022, 05:35 PM)Mark D Wrote: Hi Kurt,

I came across a video where a guy said he is getting a lot of traffic by copying and pasting his blog posts into Medium.com reddit etc etc.

And I was wondering if this is still a viable practice...or if Google would frown upon such matters.

The idea behind his strategy was to post the content on high traffic sites...but wanted to get your thoughts on the matter as I trust you more.

Thank you for your time

-Mark

Hey Mark...

There's a lot of variables, but in general it should be a solid strategy but could be executed more effectively IMO.

A great strategy is to do searches on Google and find pages on sites like Quora and Reddit that you can post your own content on those pages. You know these sites get traffic and that certain pages are ranking highly, so these are good targets for posting useful, relevant info in ways that are beneficial to readers AND yourself. With Quora and Reddit the more you participate the more you can "gently self promote". I suggest hanging out on these sites and join conversations about topics you enjoy to build karma and reputation.

Medium would be better used for SEO and linking IMO, using just basic SEO.

For Medium, Quora, Reddit, etc., I wouldn't just post dupe content these days. AI content helpers make it so easy to post a variety of content. My general style for AI content is to generate 3 versions of each "chunk" of content and pick the best for my articles. However, I often have plenty of quality content "chunks" I didn't use that have value. I save these extras to use on other sites.

A really under-used strategy is to find good pages on Quora and Reddit that rank for valuable keyword, based on keyword research for value and traffic, THEN create content for those pages. We are usually taught the opposite, to create content then look for places to promote it. I suggest also trying finding great opportunities first, and THEN use AI to create content for both the Big site and your own. You have a pretty good idea these pages are already getting views, which present opportunities.

Enjoy Generous Commissions up to 60%, find ready-to-use swipe files and more with
The Pheeds Kings and Queens of Content VIP Club affiliate program.

Click here to your affiliate link and get started now.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Kurt's post:
  • Mark D
Like Reply
Thank you Kurt!

That is some awesome info!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mark D's post:
  • Kurt
Like Reply
(03-10-2022, 03:31 AM)Mark D Wrote: Thank you Kurt!

That is some awesome info!

Hey Mark,

Of course this is just a basic outline and there's things to consider like community etiquette. When looking for opportunities does a Quora page have a lot of existing posts or will yours be prominent on the page? These are pretty much common sense things that will come with experience.

I think the best advice I could give for anyone looking for free traffic is to focus on the resources we know have lots of traffic or Google tends to favor, that we can also post our own content on.

This brings up whether to add content to sites you don't control and could lose at any time vs. posting content on assets you own. Because there's lots and lots of traffic on other sites that can be leveraged AND building your own assets both make a lot of sense, IMO the best strategy is to diversify and do a little of both.

With AI's content capabilities now, it may be a race to get as much content up in as many places proven to be beneficial as possible.

Enjoy Generous Commissions up to 60%, find ready-to-use swipe files and more with
The Pheeds Kings and Queens of Content VIP Club affiliate program.

Click here to your affiliate link and get started now.

Like Reply

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for Content, Products, SEO and More? It's Here... Kurt 3 4552 11-21-2022, 08:25 PM
Last Post: Kurt
  Making content just got a lot better with tons of free multi media assets Kurt 1 7116 06-22-2022, 01:01 AM
Last Post: Claire Koch
  A really great tool for creating content for repurposing Kurt 2 4489 06-08-2022, 05:41 AM
  A couple of free content tools Kurt 2 3172 05-28-2022, 09:41 PM
  You won't find these keyword, AI content writing, Quora & Traffic tips anywhere else Kurt 0 1578 05-26-2022, 04:38 PM
  The ultimate SEO and content toolkit for cheapskates Kurt 1 2562 05-25-2022, 05:06 PM
  Advanced keyword method for your content made easy Kurt 0 2483 05-06-2022, 09:48 PM
  Pheeds Content Silo - The Ugly but Extremely Useful Page for Writing Content Kurt 20 28559 05-03-2022, 03:22 AM
  Discover your content making Super Powers Kurt 1 2716 02-06-2022, 09:45 PM
  Getting started using artificial intelligence for creating content. Kurt 1 2520 02-06-2022, 09:18 PM