Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Business/Mindset Books You've Read?
(02-27-2020, 04:56 PM)Claude Whitacre Wrote:
(02-22-2020, 12:49 AM)Kurt Wrote: I didn't post this at first because it isn't a perfect match for your OP. There a book called the Power to Get In. It isn't a sales book. It focuses on one thing: how to create and use leverage to get a meeting with a CEO or top decision maker.

I've found his strategy of internal and external leverage can be applied in a number of ways. An example of external leverage is to mention competitors in mail when contacting a business. "I'm also sending this to ___".

There's more to leverage, but that's the general idea. I think it's really helpful for anyone doing B2B even if you aren't looking for a head to head meeting.

https://www.amazon.com/Power-Get-Leverag...559&sr=8-1
Years ago, I bought the book. If you're in sales to CEOs, this is the single most important book you can study.

I used the system to attempt to see 10 CEOs in a 30 day period. I got in to see 4 within the first 30 days (of the start of the attempt), and closed 3 high end sales worth a few hundred thousand dollars over the next year. One company VP said "No" before I got very far, and the other names are still in the loop for additional effort. I'm pretty good, but I NEVER would have made at least 2 of those sales without using this "attack from all sides" method.

You also need to do every step. At first, I tried cutting a few corners with poor results. Do the whole thing. Invest the time, it works.  This is the kind of work you can farm out.

I really like the book for a few reasons. It's unique and approaches just one thing: How to get a face to face meeting with a CEO/decision maker that's hard to get a meeting with if, especially if you're a "nobody".

Also the concepts of internal and external leverage are fascinating. I believe these ideas are valuable in ways other than getting meetings. For example if you're flipping domain names and mail postcards to 10 very targeted business owners.

Do you think it would be best to list 5-6 others on the postcard? Assuming this is a domain name they would want and the fact there's only one of them, as a business owner would you be upset at what may appear to be strong arm tactics? As a marketer would you apply external leverage on a postcard due to the limited space for a message?

Enjoy Generous Commissions up to 60%, find ready-to-use swipe files and more with
The Pheeds Kings and Queens of Content VIP Club affiliate program.

Click here to your affiliate link and get started now.

Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best Business/Mindset Books You've Read? - by Kurt - 02-27-2020, 06:56 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to start a business with little or no money Kurt 0 1327 04-22-2022, 01:19 AM
Last Post: Kurt
  Some excellent advice from Matthew Lesko on getting help to start a new business Kurt 1 2706 10-02-2021, 01:07 AM
Last Post: thorton
  Free website for a year from Yahoo Business Kurt 0 2681 06-30-2020, 09:52 PM
Last Post: Kurt
  Your thoughts about luck in business Kurt 10 14907 04-09-2020, 04:24 PM
Last Post: Claire Koch
  Affiliate Marketing for Beginners 2020 & How to Start an Online Business Infrastruce Jeffery 3 7029 02-25-2020, 06:38 AM
Last Post: Jeffery
  What Are The Minimum Requirements For Having An Online Business? Karen Dot 1 3778 02-23-2020, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Jeffery