Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most Common City Names in US - Brainstorm
Lightbulb 
Here's a list of the most common names of cities/towns in the US. For example there are 42 towns in the USA named "Franklin".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_th...lace_names

It seems I'm missing something and can't quite come up with it...maybe local sites using these city names so that you can increase your potential market of buyers? For example buy a domain like "FranklinBikes.com" and you have 42 potential customers interested in the site (assuming every Frankin has a bike shop).

The downside of this is it's a one time sale. You build something and sell it. Then have to build another to be able to sell it.

On the other hand, it being a one time sale is because there can only be one "FrankinBikes.com" creating real scarcity.

How can marketers possibly use this?

Enjoy Generous Commissions up to 60%, find ready-to-use swipe files and more with
The Pheeds Kings and Queens of Content VIP Club affiliate program.

Click here to your affiliate link and get started now.

Like Reply
MikesBikesFranklin.com
MikesBikesFranklinUS.com
MikesBikesFranklinUSA.com
MikesBikesFranklinTN.com MikesBikesFranklinGA.com etc.

MikesBikesInFranklinUS.com
MikesBikesInFranklinUSA.com
MikesBikesInFranklinTN.com MikesBikesInFranklinGA.com etc.

In my city there are more than one YADA Resturants owned by the same company. Being local resturants we differentiated the domian names by integrating the street name in the domain name:
YadaResturant.com
YadaOnFranklin.com
Frankline street happens to be a popular street  for both tourist and locals. Franklin street also happens to be associated with 1st class store fronts, so locally the domain name is also associated with a 1st class geo.

People wise: There happens to be more than one Franklin street in this state. Header and Footer with full addrees, city, state, zip to include telephone.

SEO wise: There happens to be more than one Franklin street in this state. Meta description with full addrees, city, state, zip to include telephone. Search engine wise it is not really mandatory according to Google. However, other search engines that specialize in relevant data (theater tickets, community transportation, etc.) suggest it, so better to cover all bases.

There are more such as Google Maps, Review sites and so on that also have differnt types of impact on the domain name and visibility.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jeffery's post:
  • Kurt
Like Reply
Lease the domain along with hosting as a package. Monthly or annual recurring income.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JoeSpirit's post:
  • Kurt
Like Reply
How about this:

Make a list of cities/towns that appear in a number of different states.

Make a list of popular businesses. (I posted a link to this somewhere...maybe a private Pheeds forum?).

Combine the lists and search for expired/available domain names like:
FranklinBikes.com
FranklinDentist.com

When one is found send post cards to bike shops or dentists in all the Franklin cities explaining that FranklinBikes.com is now available, but there's only one person that can have it and there's a bunch of other Franklin (and bike shops).

I think it would be tough to rank and rent first because there are so many Franklins and it isn't certain where to get local citations from.

Enjoy Generous Commissions up to 60%, find ready-to-use swipe files and more with

Like Reply
(06-14-2020, 02:56 AM)Jeffery Wrote: Frankline street happens to be a popular street  for both tourist and locals. Franklin street also happens to be associated with 1st class store fronts, so locally the domain name is also associated with a 1st class geo.

This could be another angle for finding expired domain names with a good potential built-in market. I wonder how many "Main Street Delis" there are? I think the key is finding domain names where at least a dozen businesses would want that domain name and those businesses are easy to contact. And the key to this is finding common patterns/themes.

Like Reply
I once read some advice on creating a domain name when the one you're trying to get is already taken. It's been a number of years back but that advice was to simply add a small case letter to the end of the URL string.

Maybe instead of franklinbikes.com make it franklinbikesa.com or franklinbikes_a.com
[-] The following 1 user Likes JoeSpirit's post:
  • Kurt
Like Reply
Kurt posted this elswhere and I think it is a great idea.  Not sure if domains like this rank or not but here goes. 
Purchase cheaper info or other cheaper domains such as FranklinBikes.com-repairs.info  It looks like your domain
is FranklinBikes.com when actually your domain is com-repairs.info  The first part is an addon domain.  So in theory
you can have unlimited FranklinBikes.com looking domains with what looks like a page on that domain...
com-tires.info, com-frames.info

Gene Pimental has a method whereby you take first names and ad a service business in the title.  He used BobsTireShop.com, but you may get a name that is not quite as popular, so when I do this I try to use First Names, but I try to make sure that first name is also a name of a city along with the service business.

For instance, here is a list of boys names that are also city names, thus more potential customers to sell to.
Austin
Boston
Chandler
Dallas
Dayton
Eugene
Gilbert
Houston
Jackson
Lincoln
Memphis
Orlando
Phoenix
Warren
Cody 
Easton 
Frederick 
Kingston 
Lawrence 
Logan
Mason 
Mitchell 
Trenton 
York
Columbus
Columbia
Essex
Brighton
Washington
Diego
Rio
Orlando
Michel
Kent
Melbourne
Rome
Phoenix
Memphis
Lincoln
Jordan
Jersey
Hamilton
Denver
Bronx
Brooklyn
Boston

Ladies, I don't want to leave you out, but I couldn't figure out how to make a list such as above but it can be located here:
https://family.disney.com/baby-names/place-names/
[-] The following 1 user Likes Alton331's post:
  • Kurt
Like Reply
(07-24-2020, 01:55 AM)Alton331 Wrote: Kurt posted this elswhere and I think it is a great idea.  Not sure if domains like this rank or not but here goes. 
Purchase cheaper info or other cheaper domains such as FranklinBikes.com-repairs.info  It looks like your domain
is FranklinBikes.com when actually your domain is com-repairs.info  The first part is an addon domain.  So in theory
you can have unlimited FranklinBikes.com looking domains with what looks like a page on that domain...
com-tires.info, com-frames.info

Gene Pimental has a method whereby you take first names and ad a service business in the title.  He used BobsTireShop.com, but you may get a name that is not quite as popular, so when I do this I try to use First Names, but I try to make sure that first name is also a name of a city along with the service business.

For instance, here is a list of boys names that are also city names, thus more potential customers to sell to.

You and Gene bring up important points. Again IMO the most important thing in marketing is to determine where you'll find customers before doing anything else. With a domain name like BobsTires.com (I wouldn't add the "shop") a major part of your research is finding if you can actually reach a number of Bob's Tires, either by email, phone or snail mail.

When it comes to answering the question, "Where EXACTLY will you find customers?" this method is about as direct as it gets.  For this strategy it's a matter of being able to efficiently find newly expired domains that fit a certain criteria (like at least 10 Bob's Tires in the US with mailing addresses you can ACTUALLY find).

If you have an efficient system you don't need to sell domains for a lot of money. If you can buy a domain for $11 and sell it for $89 it becomes a matter of how quickly and how much effort it takes. And like most things, with time you'll get better at it and my "guestimate" is that most of these domain names have a market value of between $75 and $250, assuming you have at least 8 directly interested prospects. If you have an auction you only need two interested prospects to make a decent profit.

While it's possible, I don't think you'll get a big score. But unlike other domaining methods were you list on Sedo or GoDaddy, you can be pretty sure at least a few people are very interested in your domain. It's a matter of making them aware of it.

Like Reply

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Easy way to find domain names with a link advantage Kurt 0 1476 04-15-2022, 01:30 PM
Last Post: Kurt
  Super easy and super powerful 60 second method for finding premium domain names Kurt 0 1536 03-16-2022, 08:12 PM
  EAT and YMYL - Two Google ranking concepts that are common sense. Kurt 0 1957 08-17-2021, 04:26 AM
  Example of an article written with an AI app about common logical fallacies Kurt 0 1761 08-06-2021, 09:11 PM
  10 Common Copywriting Templates to Use in Marketing Kurt 0 2691 12-22-2020, 09:56 PM
  Expired Domain Names for Sale Jeffery 1 3764 09-07-2020, 03:46 PM
Last Post: Jeffery
  Mirroring - Most popular names in the US. Kurt 0 2563 02-18-2020, 08:32 PM