Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Press Releases for Traffic
Here's a good intro video for using press releases to drive traffic. IMO the main take away from the video is to use press releases as direct sources of traffic and not as a link building method or as a means to get the press and media to contact you.

I disagree slightly that links picked up by Google have zero SEO benefits because they are nofollow. IMO a good, natural mixture of links, which includes nofollow links, will help your over-all linking profile.

I'm not sure what further press release strategies he includes in his advanced (pay for) training, but one important thing I want to add is that you can, and probably should, treat your press releases that are picked up on authority sites as "parasite pages" and do some modest linking and social sharing of the press releases. If you are a member of The Frontier or have Pheed Me Traffic, add your indexed press releases to these resources.

One tip he shows in the video can be taken  a step further. Check to see how quickly press release submission sites (free and paid) are indexed by Google. Do this by performing a google likeConfusedite:prlog.orgThen sort the results by the Past 24 Hours or even Past Hour to see how quickly (if) Google picks up press release submissions.

I'm not an expert on press releases but also check if they allow YouTube videos. This can be a good way to increase your YouTube and Google video rankings with external embeds, links and views.

Enjoy Generous Commissions up to 60%, find ready-to-use swipe files and more with
The Pheeds Kings and Queens of Content VIP Club affiliate program.

Click here to your affiliate link and get started now.

Like Reply
(05-20-2021, 10:58 PM)Kurt Wrote: Here's a good intro video for using press releases to drive traffic. IMO the main take away from the video is to use press releases as direct sources of traffic and not as a link building method or as a means to get the press and media to contact you.

I disagree slightly that links picked up by Google have zero SEO benefits because they are nofollow. IMO a good, natural mixture of links, which includes nofollow links, will help your over-all linking profile.

I'm not sure what further press release strategies he includes in his advanced (pay for) training, but one important thing I want to add is that you can, and probably should, treat your press releases that are picked up on authority sites as "parasite pages" and do some modest linking and social sharing of the press releases. If you are a member of The Frontier or have Pheed Me Traffic, add your indexed press releases to these resources.

One tip he shows in the video can be taken  a step further. Check to see how quickly press release submission sites (free and paid) are indexed by Google. Do this by performing a google likeConfusediteTonguerlog.orgThen sort the results by the Past 24 Hours or even Past Hour to see how quickly (if) Google picks up press release submissions.

I'm not an expert on press releases but also check if they allow YouTube videos. This can be a good way to increase your YouTube and Google video rankings with external embeds, links and views.

Agree with you on the no follow links because Google wants it to be natural.  This is one of my
absolute favs for getting traffic from back in the day.  I'm so glad to see its still working.  Love
that guy marcas clayton. He gives away so much info followed him since the start just because
of that. btw think i used to ping my press releases they got indexed fast back then.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Claire Koch's post:
  • Kurt
Like Reply
(11-01-2021, 07:35 PM)Claire Koch Wrote: Agree with you on the no follow links because Google wants it to be natural.  This is one of my absolute favs for getting traffic from back in the day.  I'm so glad to see its still working.  Love that guy marcas clayton. He gives away so much info followed him since the start just because of that. btw think i used to ping my press releases they got indexed fast back then.

Marcus' strategies and philosophies are probably the closest to my own. I actually hope to make a post about that someday soon. Wink

My only issues in general with him is how he uses the total searched for a keyword phrase as the traffic a site will get, along with him always talking about how much money he makes. But if you ignore those things, he gives really good advice. While I won't claim to have made more money than him, there's a few things we do that I think I do better.  Wink

Enjoy Generous Commissions up to 60%, find ready-to-use swipe files and more with

Like Reply
(11-01-2021, 09:22 PM)Kurt Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 07:35 PM)Claire Koch Wrote: Agree with you on the no follow links because Google wants it to be natural.  This is one of my absolute favs for getting traffic from back in the day.  I'm so glad to see its still working.  Love that guy marcas clayton. He gives away so much info followed him since the start just because of that. btw think i used to ping my press releases they got indexed fast back then.

Marcus' strategies and philosophies are probably the closest to my own. I actually hope to make a post about that someday soon. Wink

My only issues in general with him is how he uses the total searched for a keyword phrase as the traffic a site will get, along with him always talking about how much money he makes. But if you ignore those things, he gives really good advice. While I won't claim to have made more money than him, there's a few things we do that I think I do better.  Wink
he obviously does not give us what you do Kurt I leave his videos feeling empty handed i never leave here feeling that way.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Claire Koch's post:
  • Kurt
Like Reply
(06-22-2022, 01:14 AM)Claire Koch Wrote: he obviously does not give us what you do Kurt I leave his videos feeling empty handed i never leave here feeling that way.
He's a better marketer than I am. Mostly because he's a lot more money motivated than I am. Wink

I strongly agree with him about things like letting the research dictate your niches and "flipping the market", which is thinking about what a person really wants when they do a search.

My biggest issue with him is his math and I've seen a few other YouTube'ers do the same thing. They bring up the total number of video views, then use the example, "what if only one out of a hundred people that viewed your videos bought your affiliate product"?

First, we can use any number we want...why do we assume it's 1%? But more importantly, that 1% isn't buyers. That's the number of people that may click the link in the video description. Then apply the 1% to THAT number, which is 1 out of 10,000 people to view a video may buy something. 1 of 100 people click and 1 of 100 of THOSE people buy something.

Why do they leave out the clicking step? Marcus likes to brag about how long he's done IM. It works both ways. With all of his experience, he should know better.

Like Reply

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Top Secret Traffic Sources - from Mick Meaney Kurt 0 3167 05-17-2021, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Kurt
  8 Pinterest SEO Hacks For More Clicks, Traffic, & Sales Kurt 0 2469 01-24-2021, 01:54 AM
  Pinterest Traffic from Mick Meaney Kurt 0 2199 01-07-2021, 05:59 PM
  How To Get Traffic To Your Website (Top 7 Free and Fast Traffic sources) Kurt 1 3504 01-01-2021, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Claire Koch
  New Traffic Source for Bloggers and Content Creators - Kurt 3 6274 12-27-2020, 08:55 PM
  3 Traffic Sources To Promote Your Website From Mick Meaney Kurt 2 4511 12-27-2020, 08:46 PM
  The Best FREE Traffic Sources for New Websites - Neil Patel Kurt 0 2501 11-19-2020, 10:23 PM
  (Wordpress.com) How to Get Traffic to Your Website FAST and FOR FREE 2020 Kurt 0 2384 11-19-2020, 10:04 PM
  An Insanely Simple Way to Get More Local Website Traffic (FAST) Kurt 0 2249 11-19-2020, 08:16 PM