Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
SEO Help
There are so many lies, theories, guesses, fake gurus, etc. in the SEO arena that any sane person wouldn't be in that state for long if they tried to make sense of it all.

What are your best SEO tips?

What can you do if you don't want to go out backlink hunting? Or making comments or any of the typical backlink building activities.

If a person could only do 3 SEO related tasks, what would be the 3 highest potential ROI tasks that won't get you in trouble?
Like Reply
No linking and only 3 tasks? That's not too tough. Wink

I'll give it a shot, assuming it isn't local SEO...

1. Forget about Google and Bing. Without linking you need to go to an authority platform like Youtube, Etsy, eBay, Amazon.

2. It's a quantity and quality issue. You will need to be able to be very productive producing things people want. Drop shipping, POD, Kindle, videos etc.

3. Optimize. This includes ranking for the internal search engines on these platforms as well as maximizing profits. One example would be to bundle POD products for Etsy/Amazon etc. Instead of selling a mug, sell 4 mugs and a matching table cloth. This will give you higher profit margins.

The trend (and downside) is these platforms are depending on engagement more and keyword relevancy less. Things like how quickly you respond to customer on the platform and very importantly your listings' sales.

Remember, these sites make a percentage of each sale so it's in their best interest to rank these listings highest. It also makes sense that if something is selling that it is a good match for those keywords giving customers what they want.

VERY generally speaking all of these platform still rely on keyword relevancy at first. Then things like your reputation with the site, user engagement with your listings, sales conversions will become more important. What this means is, it's much harder for someone new to overcome established sites with good service, sales and engagement.

If it was your site, whose products would you list first? Someone with good reviews and sales over the past 5 years or some new guy/gal?

Enjoy Generous Commissions up to 60%, find ready-to-use swipe files and more with
The Pheeds Kings and Queens of Content VIP Club affiliate program.

Click here to your affiliate link and get started now.

[-] The following 2 users Like Kurt's post:
  • 10x, Claire Koch
Like Reply
I was hoping you would answer!  Cool

Besides those 3 things, what would you do for onsite SEO? 

Do you recommend any SEO plugins?
Like Reply
(07-01-2020, 03:31 AM)10x Wrote: I was hoping you would answer!  Cool

Besides those 3 things, what would you do for onsite SEO? 

Do you recommend any SEO plugins?

I'm not into Google SEO much any more, so take this into consideration...

1 Also, I don't always use WP for SEO but when I do I use Rank Math. Yoast only allows for one main keyword RM allows for up to 5. Be careful of over-optimizing.

2 Forget about LSI. 99% of the gurus don't have a clue what LSI actually is. Instead concentrate on co-occurance and build keyword themes based on co-occurance...and remember Rank Math optimizes for 5 keywords (these should be co-occurance keywords for a theme).

3 Include multi-media in your pages, combining the schema optimization features in Rank Math with the co-occurance strategy.

Enjoy Generous Commissions up to 60%, find ready-to-use swipe files and more with

[-] The following 1 user Likes Kurt's post:
  • 10x
Like Reply
(07-01-2020, 02:17 AM)10x Wrote: There are so many lies, theories, guesses, fake gurus, etc. in the SEO arena that any sane person wouldn't be in that state for long if they tried to make sense of it all.

What are your best SEO tips?

What can you do if you don't want to go out backlink hunting? Or making comments or any of the typical backlink building activities.

If a person could only do 3 SEO related tasks, what would be the 3 highest potential ROI tasks that won't get you in trouble?

I hate to use the phrase "it depends", but in this context, being limited to only three SEO tips, it really does depend on what type of site you are optimizing for SEO: eCommerce, blog, affiliate, local etc. SEO would be similar, yet different for all sites.

Three is not enough. I would suggest to a client that limiting your options to only three would limit your SEO Reach and in todays's competitive world of SEO you might get indexed in the search engines, but your site will never be on the first page of any of the search engines. Unless your site's SEO is targeted at something almost nobody would search for in the search engines.
Like Reply
(07-01-2020, 08:16 AM)Jeffery Wrote: Three is not enough
I'd love to hear your recommendations too!

Assume it's for a blog/membership site.
Like Reply
(07-01-2020, 08:57 AM)10x Wrote:

Would that be a WordPress blog membership site? If not WordPress then what would be the specific Content Management System and would the host include cPanel? Would the site be hosted on a shared hosting account?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jeffery's post:
  • Kurt
Like Reply
(07-01-2020, 03:13 AM)Kurt Wrote: No linking and only 3 tasks? That's not too tough. Wink

I'll give it a shot, assuming it isn't local SEO...

1. Forget about Google and Bing. Without linking you need to go to an authority platform like Youtube, Etsy, eBay, Amazon.

2. It's a quantity and quality issue. You will need to be able to be very productive producing things people want. Drop shipping, POD, Kindle, videos etc.

3. Optimize. This includes ranking for the internal search engines on these platforms as well as maximizing profits. One example would be to bundle POD products for Etsy/Amazon etc. Instead of selling a mug, sell 4 mugs and a matching table cloth. This will give you higher profit margins.

The trend (and downside) is these platforms are depending on engagement more and keyword relevancy less. Things like how quickly you respond to customer on the platform and very importantly your listings' sales.

Remember, these sites make a percentage of each sale so it's in their best interest to rank these listings highest. It also makes sense that if something is selling that it is a good match for those keywords giving customers what they want.

VERY generally speaking all of these platform still rely on keyword relevancy at first. Then things like your reputation with the site, user engagement with your listings, sales conversions will become more important. What this means is, it's much harder for someone new to overcome established sites with good service, sales and engagement.

If it was your site, whose products would you list first? Someone with good reviews and sales over the past 5 years or some new guy/gal?

Kurt I once read an email that suggested the same sites as sort of like new fangled search engine doorway pages.  I was so intrequed by that.  Now who sent me that  hummmm.  What a great idea. Literally it got me thinking of all kinds of ways I could do the same thing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Claire Koch's post:
  • Kurt
Like Reply
(07-01-2020, 09:05 AM)Jeffery Wrote:

Would that be a WordPress blog membership site? If not WordPress then what would be the specific Content Management System and would the host include cPanel? Would the site be hosted on a shared hosting account?
WordPress yes. cPanel yes. Shared hosting yes.
Like Reply
(07-06-2020, 04:15 AM)Claire Koch Wrote: Kurt I once read an email that suggested the same sites as sort of like new fangled search engine doorway pages.  I was so intrequed by that.  Now who sent me that  hummmm.  What a great idea. Literally it got me thinking of all kinds of ways I could do the same thing.

Thanks...for some that may not know...I think of listing pages on sites like Etsy, eBay, Amazon/Amazon Merch in a lot of ways as old-school "doorway pages". Doorway pages were popular 15-20 years ago and their only purpose was to rank in the search engines for a particular keyword phrase.

If you're selling print on demand mugs on Amazon, your main goal shouldn't be what's the "best" keyword, but rather how can I create products (pages!!!) for as many keywords of some vaule as possible?

Product listing pages are a lot like old doorway pages. The page title (item name) is most important. The tags are like the old meta keyword tags. The description tag is a combo of SEO for ranking and copywriting for getting clicks and sales.

The differences are:

You have to create products (actually only product thumbnails in many cases) in order to have listing pages. I actually think this is a positive because this is a built-in revenue stream. Old doorway pages didn't have this.

These platforms are ranking more and more using engagement factors. Doorway pages used to rank using keyword relevancy only. Now sites like Etsy and Amazon use keywords for relevancy in their results, then they start using engagement stats like clicks, how quickly your respond to messages and most importantly sales. Remember, these sites make commisions and fees when you sell something. Selling something is also a better indicator of "relevancy" to users than keywords in many cases.

Listing products on Amazon, eBay, Etsy, etc doesn't let you build a list of buyers. This isn't good at all.

On the other hand these sites all have a double dose of SEO benefits. First is these platforms all have their own internal search engines with a lot of BUYER TRAFFIC. You can get traffic to your product listing pages directly from these sites.

Google tends to love pages on Amazon, eBay and Etsy and gives these sites lots of authority. It's probably a lot easier rank a page on Amazon with your product than on your own site with fewer links.

Take it for what it's worth, but I've "heard" they way people now rank on Amazon is by sending paid traffic to their listings when they're new to mess with Amazon's engagement ranking factors. I can't remember the exact method, just be aware that things aren't always as they seem.

Like Reply
(07-06-2020, 05:10 AM)10x Wrote:
(07-01-2020, 09:05 AM)Jeffery Wrote:

WordPress yes. cPanel yes. Shared hosting yes.

First, I know you are already familiar with a lot of the terminology, yet others that read this post may not be familiar with it at all, so I have broken it all down for beginners and intermediale users.

Site infrastructure for a WordPress (WP) membership site.
The content within the member area is private in nature and the membership application will automaticaly block the search engines from indexing and ranking the content within the member area.

To rank the domain we have to have one main domain and one sub-domain. The main domain will be ranked. The sub-domain is the membership area.

Tip: Install two WP themes, one for the main domain and the other for the sub-domain.

1. Security
Because we are going to be storing a lot of member data, security is of the utmost importance.

One way you can do this is to ensure your platform allows you to have an SSL certificate (meaning that your website starts with https rather than http).

Shared Hosting with cPanel and a Dedicated I.P. Address,
Security wise, add a Dedicated I.P., so the website's content does not blend or bleed to and from other domains on the shared host.

Security WordPress (WP) Website:
Change the WordPress login url from wp-admin to anything such as wp-vip, members, etc.

Security Plugin: WordFence

Membership plugin:
S2Member is loaded with security features.

Automatic Updates:
Off

SEO tip:
The very first action you take when logging into WP Admin is changing the Permalink structure to..
/%category%/%postname%/
Note: SEO wise, place your keyword in the permalink.

Time stamp: Protect WP content.

2. Website’s speed and Page Speed.
Minify your code and Cache your site.

3. Mobile-Friendly and Site Map:
Make sure both the site and the site map are mobile-friendly.
  • Kurt
Like Reply
SEO wise, after creating the permalink structure, I would install Google Analytics. Also, if Facebook is to be promoted I would make use of Facebook Insights aka Facebook Analytics..

Here is a short introduction to Google Analytics..

https://youtu.be/RIcC_iiE-O0

Many marketers make use of Facebook for traffic. That starts with Facebook Audience Insights aka Facebook Analytics.
Here is a video that shows us how to target people on Facebook titled:
How To: Facebook Audience Insights For Beginners

https://youtu.be/Q436L6EHxYI
  • Kurt
Like Reply
Here is a semi-detailed guide with screenshots to some of the actionable steps summarized in the previous post:
Affiliate Marketing for Beginners 2020 & How to Start an Online Business Infrastruce
  • Kurt
Like Reply