Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the missing link?
I think there's something people that work for themselves have that people with jobs don't and it's something I know that I need to feel a lot more in my business.

Let's say you have a job and set the alarm to go off every work day. One night you forget to set it and you wake up late the next morning so you're in total rush mode with the adrenaline pumping trying to get to work on time. You have a sense of URGENCY.

I believe this sense of urgency is essential for those of us working for ourselves too. But it doesn't come easy. We won't be fired if we forget to set the alarm. On the other hand, I've found a lot of people that say they want to start their own businesss have ZERO urgency, which results in them never even getting started.

To make it worse, other people in your life may not understand your need for urgency working for yourself. They don't understand why you "have" to do something now and can't do what they want you to do. They don't understand that the only one "making" you do something is yourself.

Enjoy Generous Commissions up to 60%, find ready-to-use swipe files and more with
The Pheeds Kings and Queens of Content VIP Club affiliate program.

Click here to your affiliate link and get started now.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Kurt's post:
  • 10x
Like Reply
You can be in too much of a hurry. When you are desperately short of cash, everything seems urgent. You half-do loads of things but finish nothing. Got to get the balance right.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pearson458's post:
  • Kurt
Like Reply
(07-10-2020, 11:06 AM)Pearson458 Wrote: You can be in too much of a hurry. When you are desperately short of cash, everything seems urgent. You half-do loads of things but finish nothing. Got to get the balance right.

Hey Pearson...I agree about being in a rush. But I think that's different than urgency. Urgency is about getting started and having similar discipline and priorites with your business as you have with a job. Urgency is getting things done without a boss threatening to fire you.

Way back when I tried to get friends and family online I told one of them the first step was to get a Paypal account. 2 weeks later they still hadn't gotten a Paypal account. She was/is a very hard, dependable worker at her job. Had her boss told her to get a Paypal account she would have done it in 20 minutes. But for herself she didn't feel any sense of urgency, which allowed her to procrastinate.

Time is perishable and if something isn't accomplished today, today is lost forever and it can never be gotten back.

'Be quick but don't hurry.' - John Wooden, basketball coaching legend.

Enjoy Generous Commissions up to 60%, find ready-to-use swipe files and more with
The Pheeds Kings and Queens of Content VIP Club affiliate program.

Click here to your affiliate link and get started now.

Like Reply

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to do link outreach without reaching out Kurt 0 1256 05-09-2022, 11:10 PM
Last Post: Kurt
  Two very effective and free long term link building strategies Kurt 1 2114 04-26-2022, 02:52 AM
  Easy way to find domain names with a link advantage Kurt 0 1476 04-15-2022, 01:30 PM
  What does the Google link spam update mean? Kurt 2 3193 09-21-2021, 02:33 AM
  Authority Link Sculpting for SEO in 2021 Kurt 1 3850 11-02-2020, 09:43 PM