Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your big idea for the World?
(06-19-2020, 11:30 AM)JoeSpirit Wrote: Do you think farming would be more active as opposed to wind and solar farms?

I know driving across the Texas Panhandle the wind farms keep growing. And south of Vegas and in the Mojave Desert, there are new solar farms every time I go out there.

I think it would be for both solar and crops. If you've driven around Las Vegas after a rain you've seen how the desert comes alive. Many deserts are similar with good sun and soil but no water. When we're told the planet is at its capacity for people the biggest reason by far is arable land.

Another benefit is by increasing desalination on the coasts is areas upstream can use more water. For example Las Vegas could use more water from the Colorado and S Cal would use more from the Pacific.

LV is in big trouble with water. Lake Meade is so low LV is having to drill lower water tunnels to be able to access the water.

Desalination lets us be less dependent on the whims of weather and makes us much more drought-resistant. There are also intangible benefits of letting Mother Nature reclaim a little land.

I think the question is expense and how much it costs to transport water in addition to 2x the cost of reservoirs. But again, reservoirs are dependent on rain and snow fall. Desal is consistent.

Enjoy Generous Commissions up to 60%, find ready-to-use swipe files and more with
The Pheeds Kings and Queens of Content VIP Club affiliate program.

Click here to your affiliate link and get started now.

Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
What's your big idea for the World? - by Kurt - 06-19-2020, 03:09 AM
RE: What's your big idea for the World? - by Kurt - 06-19-2020, 05:11 PM
RE: What's your big idea for the World? - by Kurt - 06-21-2020, 05:25 PM
RE: What's your big idea for the World? - by Kurt - 08-21-2020, 05:29 AM