Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you understand the Dominos ad campaign?
I don't get Dominos' ad campaigns. Recently they had a campaign about delivery "insurance". Insurance if something is messed up is the last thing I want to think about when ordering pizza. I kind of want things to be right the first time. Plus, "insurance"...really for pizza?

Now they seem to be running a campaign targeting Gen X with commercials featuring a take off of Tom Cruise, Ferris Beuller and Norm from Cheers, all from the 80s.

I'm guessing that the insurance thing came from some research study, but it doesn't ring with me. I'm guessing it has to do with reaching the age group and they're trying to get the middle aged pizza customer niche?

Dominos has passed Pizza Hut in sales, so it's probably working, although some in that industry say it's because Pizza Hut hasn't innovated any new products in a while.

Enjoy Generous Commissions up to 60%, find ready-to-use swipe files and more with
The Pheeds Kings and Queens of Content VIP Club affiliate program.

Click here to your affiliate link and get started now.

Like Reply
I am no fan of chain pizza but I am blasted with their ads none the less.
I remember when they started promoting the “ artisan pizza” market. They countered with “ we are not artisans”. Seems like they have huge advertising budgets and are doing the spaghetti Métis of marketing: let’s throw it against the wall to see if it sticks!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Albert Grande's post:
  • Kurt
Like Reply
(02-28-2020, 12:18 AM)Kurt Wrote: I don't get Dominos' ad campaigns. Recently they had a campaign about delivery "insurance". Insurance if something is messed up is the last thing I want to think about when ordering pizza. I kind of want things to be right the first time. Plus, "insurance"...really for pizza?

<snip>

Agreed, rule #1: Never give a prospect a reason to doubt aka second thoughts to doing business with you aka clicking the money link.
Like Reply
On the other hand, I totally understand this Burger King commercial for the Impossible Whopper. Cowboys and cowgirls wearing cowboy hats, it's so obvious I love it.

PS. The Impossible Whopper (no beef) is the official burger of the Pheeds Phorum.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Enjoy Generous Commissions up to 60%, find ready-to-use swipe files and more with

[-] The following 1 user Likes Kurt's post:
  • Jeffery
Like Reply
Did anyone else notice that all the insurance commercials copy Geico now and think insurance commercials are SNL comedy skits?
Like Reply
i didn't notice the insurance ones but I do remember you can get your cash back for your pizza if you accidently slip on ice and your
pizza flies into the air. I have seen the one with the guy singing in his underwear tho. Just thought the point was ok you can sing
at home in your underwear and get your pizza delivered. I don't get them either really weird. Originally dominoes had good
commercials but now idk.

With regard to burger king whoppers all the way baby! I do not want impossible meat I promise you! With all due respect to your sponsor kurt (=:
[-] The following 1 user Likes Claire Koch's post:
  • Kurt
Like Reply
(03-06-2020, 02:05 AM)Claire Koch Wrote: i didn't notice the insurance ones but I do remember you can get your cash back for your pizza if you accidently slip on ice and your
pizza flies into the air.  I have seen the one with the guy singing in his underwear tho.  Just thought the point was ok you can sing
at home in your underwear and get your pizza delivered.  I don't get them either really weird.  Originally dominoes had good
commercials but now idk.

With regard to burger king whoppers all the way baby!  I do not want impossible meat I promise you!  With all due respect to your sponsor kurt (=:

Somewhere Phay is crying...  Wink

[-] The following 1 user Likes Kurt's post:
  • Claire Koch
Like Reply
apologies to phay I might need to rethink that. I did not even consider the girls. My Bad. Btw have you actually tried that meat?

I have a friend who tried she and her mom. They said it was soft yet chewy. Regular meat is soft yet chewy still it didn't wet my appetite.

If I actually knew what went into the making of those burgers I might be more happy to go for it. Because it kinda reminds me of
natural flavorings. Yet I drink stuff that has them in them. We shall see you have spurred me on with Phay being sad.
Like Reply