Tottenham Hotspur F.C.The Tottenham Hotspur F.C. is a North London Association football team. It is often referred to as 'Spurs'.
The club was formed in 1882 by boys from Hotspur cricket club and from the local grammar school. Originally the club was known as 'Hotspur FC'. In 1884 the club was re-named 'Tottenham Hotspur Football and Athletic Club'.
The club has a long standing rivalry with their North London neighbors Arsenal.
In the 1960-61 season, Spurs became the first team to achieve the league and FA Cup double in the 20th Century.
Tottenham Hotspur have been traditionally one of the biggest clubs in the English leagues. However, while remaining financially wealthy, Tottenham have failed to achieve any success in the previous decade, and have fallen far behind the big three of Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea.
Its present chairman is David Levy. Its current manager is David Pleat, who has replaced Glen Hoddle until a full time replacement can be found.
- Football League Champions 2
- 1950-51, 1960-61.
- F.A. Cup Winners 8
- 1900-01, 1920-21, 1960-61, 1961-62, 1966-67, 1980-81, 1981-82, 1990-91.
- Football League Cup Winners 3
- 1970-71, 1972-73, 1998-99
- European Cup-Winners' Cup Winners 1
- UEFA Cup Winners 2
- 1971-72, 1983-84.
- Football League Division Two Champions 2
- 1919-20, 1949-50.
- F.A.Charity Shield Winners 7
- 1920-21, 1951-52, 1961-62, 1962-63, 1967-68 (joint), 1981-82 (joint), 1991-92 (joint).