Blackfriars BridgeThe Blackfriars Bridge is a bridge over the River Thames in London, between Waterloo Bridge and Blackfriars Railway Bridge.
It was completed in 1869 on the site of an earlier bridge (built in 1769). It was originally named William Pitt Bridge (after the Prime Minister William Pitt) but was renamed after a Dominican priory which once stood nearby. The first bridge was nine arches of portland stone, the replacement consists of five cast iron arches and was designed by J Cubitt.
It is owned and maintained by the Corporation of London.