Pheeds.com

Full Version: What are some of your favorite names from sports?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The best sports name ever was Nebraska football player I.M. Hipp.

Jaquiski Tartt is interesting and Dick Butkus has a balanced mix of body parts.
Also Dick Trickle (NASCAR) and Sonny Sixkiller.
Ron Tugnutt (I have to give Google credit for this one because I don't watch hockey).  He was a pro hockey goalie that missed his calling as a great baseball player's name. (I did play baseball)

Jim Bob Cooter (can a name get any more southern than that?) Is/was a pro football coach.  Those jobs change so frequently, it's hard to keep up.

One of my favorite of all time, Spud Webb.  He went to my college (just a few years before me).  5' 7" and could dunk a basketball.
(02-20-2020, 04:11 AM)Dkillo Wrote: [ -> ]Ron Tugnutt (I have to give Google credit for this one because I don't watch hockey).  He was a pro hockey goalie that missed his calling as a great baseball player's name. (I did play baseball)

Jim Bob Cooter (can a name get any more southern than that?) Is/was a pro football coach.  Those jobs change so frequently, it's hard to keep up.

One of my favorite of all time, Spud Webb.  He went to my college (just a few years before me).  5' 7" and could dunk a basketball.

Jim Bob Cooter is a great one. He sounds like a character from Dukes of Hazzard. Smile

And the big fight is tonight...Tyson Fury may be the best boxing name ever.