Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think I'm going back to Youtube....
I haven't used Youtube much lately other than uploading (hosting) videos. When they changed the minimum requirements for their monetization it hurt my YouTube strategy quite a bit. I had multiple niche channels. In total they far surpassed YouTube's minimal requirements and they all used the same Google Adsense account, so Google knew they were all me.

And they seemed to make a shift to wanting "stars". I don't want to be onscreen, let alone a "star". I just want to make helpful and interesting videos...and have some benefit for doing so. Their ranking algo also seemed to favor longer videos.

But YouTube's recent addition of Shorts has me motivated to focus more on YouTube again. Shorts fit my own personality better and I like making quick, short videos. I'm not sure how it will go, but I'm excited about this new format.

Enjoy Generous Commissions up to 60%, find ready-to-use swipe files and more with
The Pheeds Kings and Queens of Content VIP Club affiliate program.

Click here to your affiliate link and get started now.

[-] The following 2 users Like Kurt's post:
  • cosmic77, George663
Like Reply
Do you have any links to what YouTube is looking for? I'm getting back into it myself after being very inconsistent the last few years.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tresero's post:
  • Kurt
Like Reply
(01-31-2021, 11:04 PM)tresero Wrote: Do you have any links to what YouTube is looking for? I'm getting back into it myself after being very inconsistent the last few years.

I started a thread in the Stampede sub-forum as an intro to YouTube shorts:
[SHORT CONTENT] YouTube Shorts

I'll continue to post on that thread and others in the future...

My guess is that keyword relevancy will be important when a Short is first uploaded, then user engagement analytics will become more important as YouTube gets more usage data.

Quote:I'm getting back into it myself after being very inconsistent the last few years. 

PS. Are you getting back into YouTube because of Shorts or just because?

Enjoy Generous Commissions up to 60%, find ready-to-use swipe files and more with
The Pheeds Kings and Queens of Content VIP Club affiliate program.

Click here to your affiliate link and get started now.

Like Reply

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to actually get paid to share Youtube videos Kurt 3 4212 10-04-2021, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Kurt
  Powerful YouTube Tags Strategy Kurt 3 7056 01-07-2021, 11:48 PM
Last Post: Claire Koch
  What's Youtube going to do? Kurt 0 2323 06-12-2020, 06:16 AM
  Vince and Shamwow are back... Kurt 2 4761 05-12-2020, 09:01 PM