Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When I was young...
I'm 75 now, and my eldest son is almost 50. Youngest grandchild is only 5 but eldest is 23 and Teaching.
I suppose my wife (that dear old grandma that still lives with me) saw more of the children in their younger years than i did, I was off in woods and on hilltops as an Army Communicator. She now proves that in the COVID era on our family ZOOM Booze-ups because she can answer many more of the TV and Music questions we quiz one another with during what we know as Operation Memorabilia sessions. My daughters 3 children are only about 7 miles away on the other side of York, so I've seen a lot of their growing up and they've gone from loving to explore the woods and climb trees with me (I was fitter a few years back) to just burying their heads in their Pads playing Games. They don't read much, are far too used to the Treat of a Take-Out, and despite their Mum's insistence would drink Coke all day if they could. Yup, some changes are not for the better, but who knows how they will end up, I don't expect to see all of them grow up - just have to accept what life throws at me. maybe running around having DDT fights with those old Pumpsprays might actually catch up with me!
[-] The following 1 user Likes John488's post:
  • Kurt
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
When I was young... - by Kurt - 10-03-2020, 08:04 PM
RE: When I was young... - by Kurt - 10-04-2020, 11:08 PM
RE: When I was young... - by Bill Davis - 11-04-2020, 04:21 PM
RE: When I was young... - by John488 - 11-02-2020, 08:03 PM
RE: When I was young... - by Jeffery - 11-05-2020, 08:33 PM