Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do as I say not as....do 3 things a day.
I get sidetracked far too often, but when I follow this simple "plan" I do a lot better than when I don't. It's about doing 3 things in 3 categories every day.

Everyday:

Do three things that have a chance of making you money right away.

Send an email to your list.
Post an affiliate link on your social media account.
Place an ad for your services on Craigslist.
Upload a listing to Etsty, eBay, Amazon.
Contact an old client to see if they need you again.

Do three things that have a chance of making you money in the farily near future.
Create a squeeze page.
Write an email message for your autoresponder or scene for a video.
Update the SEO on a listing at Etsy, eBay, Amazon to improve it's rank.
Buy a domain you can flip.

Do three things to build for the long term.
Participate on social media/forums other communties to build a presence.
Contact an influencer with something for THEM not you.
Learn a new skill.
Write a page/chapter for your next report or info product.
Create an account at a site you've been meaining to join.
Apply for an affiliate program.
Install/upgrade Wordpress.

These are just examples and there are plenty more things you can do. And each can be as big or small as you want. Also if you're just starting out you'll probably need to focus more on building for the long term.

The main point is, even if you just do little things, after a year you'll have done 1000 things to make money "now', another 1000 to make money "soon" and another 1000 things building a foundation for your next thousands of things.

Any suggestions for things that fall into these three categories?

Enjoy Generous Commissions up to 60%, find ready-to-use swipe files and more with
The Pheeds Kings and Queens of Content VIP Club affiliate program.

Click here to your affiliate link and get started now.

[-] The following 2 users Like Kurt's post:
  • 10x, Jeffery
Like Reply
Quote:
  1. Do three things that have a chance of making you money right away.

2. Do three things that have a chance of making you money in the farily near future.

3. Do three things to build for the long term.

We hear the term "taking action" a lot and it's a good concept. I prefer "being productive", but it's probably more a matter of vocabulary.

These three things also tie-in with my comments on another thread about "urgency". I think we too often take action by doing things that fall into #3 above, where we need to put real urgency into #1 and making it a priority.

Again, as you start (or start a new project) you'll need to spend more time an effort in #3 and #2. But as you get those projects competed your focus should be more and more on #1.

Here's some examples, Barabara Ling brings up "did you put up a Buy button today?" a lot. I think her point is very solid...but incomplete. For me, putting up a Buy button falls into #2. Creating the product or finding an affiliate/CPA offer falls into #3.

Only putting a link to that Buy button in front of at least one targeted person is in category #1. Of course, off line a #1 could be posting a Tear Tab on the bulletin board for your web design business at the local sub shop.

Another example, I created a free aWeber account today and logged in and made sure everything was OK. This is a #3. I did something that will help me in the future. Writing emails are also 3s.

Posting a squeeze page so people can sign up for me emails is a 2.

Posting a link to my squeeze page where at least one person will see is a 1. And if you don't have any way to make sure at least one person will see it, repeat 3 and 2 until you do.

Enjoy Generous Commissions up to 60%, find ready-to-use swipe files and more with
The Pheeds Kings and Queens of Content VIP Club affiliate program.

Click here to your affiliate link and get started now.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Kurt's post:
  • Jeffery
Like Reply

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to be more productive? Do 3 things every day Kurt 0 1767 09-30-2021, 03:46 AM
Last Post: Kurt
  Things you miss... Kurt 4 7158 04-14-2020, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Jeffery
  what are some side things you did to get by Abe1 1 3729 02-18-2020, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Jeffery