Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The reality of being a new affiliate
Star 
It can be very difficult for a person with no affiliate sales history to be approved at sites like Warrior Plus and JVZoo. Here's some of the issues you need to overcome.

People without any sales history seldom make any future sales and in the rare cases they make a sale it's usually only one. One sale makes vedors think that sale may have been just to get a "discount".

And worse, affiliates without any history pose a real problem with fraud, making sales then using dirty tricks to get refunds and you're stuck paying.

Once an affiliate gets sales, the things vendors look are:

1. Refunds. Refunds kill the ability of vendors recruiting other affiliates. As a vendor we'll see some applicants with a 3% refund rate and another with a 30% refund rate. Why is the second getting so many refunds? Is he/she lying or a scammer? They affect our reputations.

2. Low conversion rate. If you're sending traffic that doesn't convert you hurt our EPCs which again hurts our ability to get other affiliates.

It's very hard for me to approve affiliates with no history. And if you have a high refund rate, it will make it almost impossible to be accepted by any vendors.

For me personally as a vendor, they only ways I'll approve someone without a decent affiliate sales history is that:

• I've known you for a while
  • You have sold your own products
  • You are a customer
Being a paying customer leaves a good paper trail so I'm not as worried about fraud.

You also know and understand the product well and telling people you actually bought the product yourself is a great sales tool.

And...most vendors tend to like people that bought from them. You're no longer a stranger.

I understand that having to buy products to just to become an affiliate can be expensive, but I'm not sure there's really another way and it becoming approved for product in the future will likely just get harder.

What tips or questions do you have for people starting out and needing approval for affiliate marketing in general?

Enjoy Generous Commissions up to 60%, find ready-to-use swipe files and more with
The Pheeds Kings and Queens of Content VIP Club affiliate program.

Click here to your affiliate link and get started now.

Like Reply
Actually that strategy is taught a lot!  I have several products from years gone by that I actually purchased that teach
to not promote a product unless you have purchased it first because that is the only way you can speak about the product
from a place of true knowledge.  If you don't do that you really have no credability in your promotion so now you can
do it first and say to the vendor I have already purchased your product may I please promote it like you mentioned kurt
I think you are so right about that.  I tend to want to buy for other reasons.  We oldies need to switch to that mindset
as well. just sayin.
Like Reply

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When to choose affiliate programs or banner ads? Kurt 0 1366 05-18-2022, 03:46 AM
Last Post: Kurt
  An insiders look at affiliate marketing from a former affiliate manager Kurt 0 1320 05-05-2022, 01:21 AM
  Affiliate options for maximizing your SEO Kurt 0 4603 09-25-2021, 01:03 AM
  The Frontier Affiliate Program is Now Open for You Kurt 0 3114 02-09-2021, 04:00 PM
  Ideas for Promoting Pheeds, Or Any Program, Affiliate Offer Ect. Claire Koch 5 9345 04-09-2020, 04:52 PM
Last Post: Claire Koch
  Affiliate Marketing for Beginners 2020 & How to Start an Online Business Infrastruce Jeffery 3 6782 02-25-2020, 06:38 AM
Last Post: Jeffery