Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Daily Marketing Tasks
Many people say they have an online business because they spend a lot of time at the computer working on stuff. 

However, most of the stuff they are doing doesn't really contribute to the bottom line much, if at all, which is the key point about being in business. 

In the past, I've found myself working my fingers to the bone all day long for days at a time, for example, and haven't made a penny for my efforts. Not immediate profits and not really anything for future profits. 

So, the question is what do you do every day to grow your business? What tasks contribute to your bottom line the most? What are the time wasters? 

Or are you one of those "working" all day long for free.  Wink
[-] The following 1 user Likes 10x's post:
  • Kurt
Like Reply
Excellent topic. Not a good topic.. An Excelent Topic!

Long ago I lerned there are differences between Solo Internet Markets and Agency Internet Marketers. Those differences and how the differences apply to both can be similar in many ways, however not in specific ways. For example, a Solo Marketer typically has to manage 100% of everything, whereas an Agency Marketer has one task and other members of the team have seperate tasks. An Agency typically has a Manager that coordinates the team's tasks.

Both have three seperate things in common aka common denominators as I define them and the three make up a whole that applies to the Solo Marketer and an Agency marketer: Goals, Strategies, and Tactics.

Me personally, I do both Solo Internet Marketing and Agency Internet Marketing wherein I own and operate both. Over the years I have developed my own personal business schedule that works for me.
9 AM - 10 AM
Email:
Sort and Prioritize

Payment Processors:
Manage spreadsheets

Support Services:
Manage spreadsheets

Staff:
Collaborate
10:15 AM - 11:45 AM
Email:
Sort and Prioritize

Affiliates (Existing and New):
Collaborate

Coders:
Collaborate
12 Noon - 1:15 PM
(Personal)
Email:
Sort and Prioritize

Lunch

Honey Do List

1:15 PM - 3 PM
(Follow up)
Email:
Sort and Prioritize

Payment Processors:
Manage spreadsheets

Support Services:
Manage spreadsheets

Staff:
Collaborate
3:15 PM - 5 PM
(Follow up)
Email:
Sort and Prioritize

Affiliates (Existing and New):
Collaborate

Coders:
Collaborate
In a nutshell, you can see that I do what is required to swing a double edged sword, lol.
[-] The following 3 users Like Jeffery's post:
  • 10x, Claire Koch, Kurt
Like Reply
Wow, it sounds like you are someone we can learn from.

Can I ask do you work from home mostly? If so, how do you keep your honey to do list from taking up the entire day?
[-] The following 2 users Like 10x's post:
  • Jeffery, Kurt
Like Reply
(04-20-2020, 10:53 AM)10x Wrote: Wow, it sounds like you are someone we can learn from.

Can I ask do you work from home mostly? If so, how do you keep your honey to do list from taking up the entire day?

Lol, I am still learning and the honey do list thing is mostly due to what my wife says.. "She Trained Me Well", lol. Actually, we both work in the city now and we keep an apartment in the city, so we can have lunch together, carry her shopping bags (I know), spend the evenings togather and more importantly a short commute to our home outside the city on the weekends.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jeffery's post:
  • Claire Koch, Kurt
Like Reply
(04-20-2020, 04:40 AM)10x Wrote: Many people say they have an online business because they spend a lot of time at the computer working on stuff. 

However, most of the stuff they are doing doesn't really contribute to the bottom line much, if at all, which is the key point about being in business. 

In the past, I've found myself working my fingers to the bone all day long for days at a time, for example, and haven't made a penny for my efforts. Not immediate profits and not really anything for future profits. 

So, the question is what do you do every day to grow your business? What tasks contribute to your bottom line the most? What are the time wasters? 

Or are you one of those "working" all day long for free.  Wink

It's hard to avoid the distractions of everyday life (most especially when you work from home) and social media (when your work is on the internet). For me, it's an ongoing struggle although I am improving.

I'm working toward a 4-hour or shorter workday myself. So my current schedule is:

0900 - 1000 Broadcast message to subscriber list containing relationship building/business informational content, write a new message for autoresponder sequence.

1000 - 1200 Concentrate on my latest product creation project.

1200 - 1300 Daily screenshots of business-related results and stats.

1300 is my planned stop time for the day. Not quite there yet as I normally check email and social media. Only to, hours later, growl at myself for burning time on Facebook.

Before 0900, depending on when I actually start my day, I tend to check affiliate sales, forums that I'm active on, prepare my mind for my office activities.
[-] The following 4 users Like JoeSpirit's post:
  • 10x, Claire Koch, Jeffery, Kurt
Like Reply
After seeing Joe and Jeffery's posts I'm reluctant to post my "schedule". Smile

It's basically alternating between being "binge productive" for hours or days and with periods of not having a clue what to do now.

Enjoy Generous Commissions up to 60%, find ready-to-use swipe files and more with
The Pheeds Kings and Queens of Content VIP Club affiliate program.

Click here to your affiliate link and get started now.

[-] The following 3 users Like Kurt's post:
  • 10x, Claire Koch, Jeffery
Like Reply
(04-23-2020, 07:47 PM)Kurt Wrote: After seeing Joe and Jeffery's posts I'm reluctant to post my "schedule". Smile

It's basically alternating between being "binge productive" for hours or days and with periods of not having a clue what to do now.

Everybody's gotta create their own style...
[-] The following 1 user Likes JoeSpirit's post:
  • Jeffery
Like Reply
(04-23-2020, 07:47 PM)Kurt Wrote: After seeing Joe and Jeffery's posts I'm reluctant to post my "schedule". Smile

yes I'm a victim of this same mentality and not sure where it comes from and sometimes results in days where I do nothing. 
I'd be quite pleased if someone had a solution for this delema.  i do not like it that I am nonproductive sometimes when I 
cannot afford to be like that.  I did not repond to this post because I was chicken to say that. I commend you kurt we can only
move forward when we are willing to be honest with ourselves. You helped me do that.

and yet you do sooooo much?
Like Reply
(05-08-2020, 04:45 PM)Claire Koch Wrote: yes I'm a victim of this same mentality and not sure where it comes from and sometimes results in days where I do nothing.  I'd be quite pleased if someone had a solution for this delema.  i do not like it that I am nonproductive sometimes when I  cannot afford to be like that.  I did not repond to this post because I was chicken to say that. I commend you kurt we can only move forward when we are willing to be honest with ourselves. You helped me do that.

The way I do things is far from optimal. The way the others do things on this thread is far better. When I get into a routine and do daily tasks I am more productive. There's just plenty of times I easily get sidetracked.

Enjoy Generous Commissions up to 60%, find ready-to-use swipe files and more with
The Pheeds Kings and Queens of Content VIP Club affiliate program.

Click here to your affiliate link and get started now.

Like Reply
(05-10-2020, 07:10 AM)Kurt Wrote:
(05-08-2020, 04:45 PM)Claire Koch Wrote: yes I'm a victim of this same mentality and not sure where it comes from and sometimes results in days where I do nothing.  I'd be quite pleased if someone had a solution for this delema.  i do not like it that I am nonproductive sometimes when I  cannot afford to be like that.  I did not repond to this post because I was chicken to say that. I commend you kurt we can only move forward when we are willing to be honest with ourselves. You helped me do that.

The way I do things is far from optimal. The way the others do things on this thread is far better. When I get into a routine and do daily tasks I am more productive. There's just plenty of times I easily get sidetracked.

That's really understandable. The one thing I could never resist is temptation.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JoeSpirit's post:
  • Kurt
Like Reply
This is one of my Dashboards that keeps me focused on tasks when I am working on a project. Marlon Sanders introduced his own dashboards years ago and I modeled mine after his.

All you do is click the numbered Steps that link to a page with everything that needs to be done to complete the step. When all of the steps are done the project is completed.

Easier to show than explain.

[Image: pheeds-dashboard-example.png?raw=1]
This particular dashboard is targeted at beginners that want an online business and need a website infrastructure.

The way I make money with this dashboards is with the sale of the dashboard itself and additional sales on the dashboard through affiliate links in Step 1.4 through 1.6.

This dashboard is just one of many such as Traffic, List Building and more.

[Image: pheeds-dashboard-step-1-with-notes-1076-462.png?raw=1]

At the end of the day I know if I have completed a project or where to pickup from the next day.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jeffery's post:
  • JoeSpirit, Kurt
Like Reply
(05-08-2020, 04:45 PM)Claire Koch Wrote: I'd be quite pleased if someone had a solution for this delema.
Define your necessary tasks, schedule time to do each one, and set a timer. I have alerts set up on my phone for each effort period. At ten minutes before the end of the period the alert goes off and there's a note on my phone telling me what effort is due to start at the end of the ten minutes.

I also noted that today over on Shareware On Sale there's a free calendar/planner software on offer. Looks like it could be helpful. I have my own designed planner so I passed.

(05-13-2020, 03:15 PM)Jeffery Wrote: Marlon Sanders introduced his own dashboards years ago
I remember some of those.
Like Reply

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free Marketing Essentials - What are some of your favorite FREE marketing resources? Kurt 19 37985 11-02-2022, 03:23 AM
Last Post: Kurt
  A good free stock video site for marketing Kurt 0 1839 06-08-2022, 05:43 PM
  An insiders look at affiliate marketing from a former affiliate manager Kurt 0 1319 05-05-2022, 01:21 AM
  Regular pages or marketing pages? BobKa 1 1975 03-30-2022, 09:29 PM
  CXL Digital Marketing Training? Kurt 1 3880 03-10-2022, 10:46 AM
Last Post: BelaDublin
  What is your favorite marketing tools for 2022? Asan 3 3445 02-03-2022, 12:29 PM
Last Post: michafr1
  Jarvee for social marketing anyone? Karen Dot 1 2387 01-24-2022, 07:13 AM
  The BIG list of premium marketing tools that offer free trials Kurt 13 50193 10-26-2021, 03:22 PM
  Easy and free way to set up a social marketing network with great content Kurt 1 2985 08-30-2021, 06:04 PM
  What are the essential tech skills for marketing online? Kurt 0 2165 08-18-2021, 02:43 AM