Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How is Pheeds different? And Tips for Chips
Exclamation 
A big difference is Pheeds won't accept paid ads. Ads are only allowed in the County Fair and only active members can post in the County Fair sub forum, which is 250 cow chips. This  prevents "drive by marketers".

You can earn cow chips in different ways but the best way is to start a thread that gets a lot of other people to reply. You get 4 chips for starting a thread. AND you get 4 chips for each reply your thread gets, assuming the reply has a minimum of about 30 words or so.

Sure, we're just starting out and cow chips don't have a lot of value now. But as we grow and more things are added for you, Cow Chips will become a lot more valuable.

You also get cow chips for things like replying to threads, voting in polls. But starting a thread that gets others to reply is the best way for your chips to add up fast.

Enjoy Generous Commissions up to 60%, find ready-to-use swipe files and more with
The Pheeds Kings and Queens of Content VIP Club affiliate program.

Click here to your affiliate link and get started now.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Kurt's post:
  • Claire Koch
Like Reply
cow chips for starting a thread is not different but cow chips for each response! That's way different. I did not realize that
you had that as an incentive and looked quite a few times to see what you get with the cow chips. Blind as a bat. lol.

I love it that there is not competition with advertising WOW also did not realize that. So what we offer here will be more
readily seen. At least imho.

What is different to me? Well

1. cow chips the currency is not used before and is very unique. Goes right along with the theme.

2. It's owned by a nice person. I don't know if that's different but to me it is because i know you from the warrior forum.

3. Nice feeling here. In other's there's a feeling of ikd what to call it. The usual "Kids" type online forum atmosphere, not here.
maybe spammy would be it but not sure.

4. Fun atmosphere. The theme makes your forum fun and unique.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Claire Koch's post:
  • Kurt
Like Reply
(03-09-2020, 05:56 PM)Claire Koch Wrote: cow chips for starting a thread is not different but cow chips for each response!  That's way different.  I did not realize that
you had that as an incentive and looked quite a few times to see what you get with the cow chips.  Blind as a bat. lol.

I love it that there is not competition with advertising WOW also did not realize that.  So what we offer here will be more
readily seen.  At least imho.

What is different to me?  Well

1. cow chips the currency is not used before and is very unique.  Goes right along with the theme.

2. It's owned by a nice person.  I don't know if that's different but to me it is because i know you from the warrior forum.

3. Nice feeling here.  In other's there's a feeling of ikd what to call it.  The usual "Kids" type online forum atmosphere, not here.
maybe spammy would be it but not sure.

4. Fun atmosphere.  The theme makes your forum fun and unique.

Thanks Claire...I hope cow chips will become more valuable in the future and will be adding more things for people to use them on.

And yes, by far the best way to ear cow chips is to start threads that other reply to. You also get 4 chips for every post (over 250 characters/about 80 words) that someone else makes on a thread you started.

Also, you do get chips for each character at .01 chips for each. It doesn't show the value because it rounds off to 0. So you also get 1 chip for every 100 characters (or about 7 words). And people get 4 chips just for voting on a poll, coming back to the forum or rating a thread. I am worried about the thread rating at this time because it's so easy to exploit and build cow chips. But rating threads helps other members, as does voting on polls, so those are encouraged.

For anyone wondering, this is what 250 characters looks like:
  • Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Tortor pretium viverra suspendisse potenti nullam ac tortor vitae. Non diam phasellus vestibulum lorem sed risus ultricies tre

In other words, any time you start a thread and someone responds with a post at least as long as above, they get 4 chips and you get 4 chips. This is to prevent "great info!" type posts from counting. I have a feeling I'll increase this limit in the future.

And the example post above would earn 6.5 chips. 4 for a reply and 2.5 more for the 250 characters.

Enjoy Generous Commissions up to 60%, find ready-to-use swipe files and more with

Like Reply
Thanks for the long reply I did not notice you got back to me on this one.  Did not realize there was
a limit on the posting either. I really try to make posts of value myself because then there is a greater
chance someone will respond so I don't really think much of how little or more I am writing.  I do forums
for the sole purpose of being a help whenever possible but I know a lot people are more interested in
what they get. Angry  I must say that I think whatever you are doing is working great! If you continue to
get this kind of cooperation here it will be a awesome place.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Claire Koch's post:
  • Kurt
Like Reply
How does one find out if he has any chips? I just checked my CP and don't see anything there.
Like Reply
(05-10-2020, 01:28 PM)JoeSpirit Wrote: How does one find out if he has any chips? I just checked my CP and don't see anything there.

Joe...Can you see Cow Chips totals now? They are listed in the left column profile area.

How about the like button and some added navigation links in the forum header?

It seems the forum wasn't using the correct template for some users. I "think" I fixed it...

Like Reply
Let me add...the forum has a "Quick Quote" feature where you can just select some text from a post then click reply and the forum will only quote the part of the text you've selected.

• JoeSpirit
Like Reply
(05-10-2020, 02:13 PM)Kurt Wrote: Joe...Can you see Cow Chips totals now?
Thanks Kurt. I see my chips now and the like button as your previous post reflects.

I'll try to get the habit of selectively replying penetrated into my thick skull.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JoeSpirit's post:
  • Kurt
Like Reply
(05-11-2020, 03:02 PM)JoeSpirit Wrote: I'll try to get the habit of selectively replying penetrated into my thick skull.

Sorry about that...My post about the Quick Reply feature wasn't directed at you specifically. I just wanted to let folks know it's available and don't think most folks know the feature exists and it's a pretty useful feature.

To use it, just select some text and a little gray "Reply" button should appear under the sig area on the right above the permanent buttons.

Like Reply
(05-11-2020, 05:54 PM)Kurt Wrote: Sorry about that...My post about the Quick Reply feature wasn't directed at you specifically. I just wanted to let folks know it's available and don't think most folks know the feature exists and it's a pretty useful feature. To use it, just select some text and a little gray "Reply" button should appear under the sig area on the right above the permanent buttons.
Kool. I didn't know that. Now that I do... where is Claude? Dodgy
Like Reply
(05-12-2020, 01:48 AM)Jeffery Wrote: Kool. I didn't know that.
I didn't either but I'm practicing with it now to get it internalized.
Like Reply
(05-12-2020, 01:48 AM)Jeffery Wrote: Kool. I didn't know that. Now that I do... where is Claude?
(05-12-2020, 12:40 PM)JoeSpirit Wrote: I didn't either but I'm practicing with it now to get it internalized.

You can even use it more than once per reply. Wink

• JoeSpirit
Like Reply

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You won't find these keyword, AI content writing, Quora & Traffic tips anywhere else Kurt 0 1574 05-26-2022, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Kurt
  Pheeds Content Silo - The Ugly but Extremely Useful Page for Writing Content Kurt 20 28540 05-03-2022, 03:22 AM
  Pheeds Leads - prospecting for customers on a budget Kurt 5 10848 06-13-2021, 08:22 PM
  30 Powerpoint tips for 2020 Kurt 2 5669 03-03-2021, 05:57 PM
  A new marketing strategy The Pheeds Funnel Kurt 3 7658 01-27-2021, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Claire Koch
  Tips for Building Your Email Lists Kurt 1 3911 10-02-2020, 07:20 PM
Last Post: Jeffery
  Do you have any tips for being more organized? thorton 8 12217 09-09-2020, 12:23 AM
Question What are your favorite multiplying tips? Kurt 3 6054 08-07-2020, 04:46 AM
Question Form submission: Help Pheeds Help You Form fionadarocha 9 13240 07-06-2020, 09:06 PM
Question Form submission: Help Pheeds Help You Form changemaker 2 4772 04-24-2020, 09:27 PM
Last Post: changemaker