Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
IM Related Pet Peeves
What things related to IM annoy you?

I print out a lot of reportsand hate when people add a lot of black to their pdf headers and footers so every page drains my printer ink.
[-] The following 2 users Like Karen Dot's post:
  • Albert Grande, Donna247
Like Reply
One for me is drop down menus when they're not needed.

A drop down menu for the user is:

Click

Scroll

Click

A radio button is:

Click

Enjoy Generous Commissions up to 60%, find ready-to-use swipe files and more with
The Pheeds Kings and Queens of Content VIP Club affiliate program.

Click here to your affiliate link and get started now.

Like Reply
People chewing with their mouths open. Wink  Just joking.

On a serious note..

Exit Popups and light grey text on a white background.

Imagine paying a copywriter 1K to write copy that converts and paying a webmaster to create the site. The copywriter does an excellent job and the site cannot be read because of the unreadable text.

Then when you go to exit the site a popup displays itself on the screen in perfect readable text.

Go figure.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jeffery's post:
  • Donna247
Like Reply
Those "Click on the pics that have a street in them" captchas.

I must have spent a full 10 minutes on one last week. After awhile it becomes a challenge of personal determination.

Enjoy Generous Commissions up to 60%, find ready-to-use swipe files and more with

[-] The following 2 users Like Kurt's post:
  • Claire Koch, Donna247
Like Reply
A site with:

1. logo and nav menu that sticks and uses 1/3 to 1/4 of the page.

2. A Google Adsense Ad directly beneath the logo/menu that cannot be closed and uses 1/3 to 1/4 of the page.

3. Scroll down the page and a vertical social menu follows your scroll and also covers the first 1/8 to 1/4 of the content.

4. The text is light grey and a white background making it unreadable.

5. Select the 'text only' option and #4 again.
  • Donna247
Like Reply
(02-27-2020, 08:39 PM)Jeffery Wrote: A site with:

1. logo and nav menu that sticks and uses 1/3 to 1/4 of the page.

2. A Google Adsense Ad directly beneath the logo/menu that cannot be closed and uses 1/3 to 1/4 of the page.

3. Scroll down the page and a vertical social menu follows your scroll and also covers the first 1/8 to 1/4 of the content.

4. The text is light grey and a white background making it unreadable.

5. Select the 'text only' option and #4 again.

People who make you bump through hoops to buy something online.
Like Reply
(02-28-2020, 12:09 AM)Koolphoto Wrote: People who make you bump through hoops to buy something online.

Yeah, I call that "barrier to entry" and that is where a lot of marketers get it wrong in funnels. Since the customer has already paid they have to go through endless up/down sales to get their product. That in itself is a reason for immediate refunds.

One upsale and maybe one downsale at the most in my funnels. Email autoresponder is more effective in  my experience.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jeffery's post:
  • Donna247, JoeSpirit
Like Reply
"Review and Bonuses" pretty much means it's an affiliate pre-sales page and not a product review.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Kurt's post:
  • Joe183
Like Reply
I am about up to here with the stupid webinars after you buy a product and they tell you to come to the
all info webinar and its a huge amount sales pitch.

KNOCK IT OFF ALREADY lol

I hate products that you buy from the resell rights arena and they are completely dead, dead, dead not
one link works all the info is useless.  Killing my hard drive.

I hate old software products as well.   Literally you can unknowingly download one of those and destry
your computer in seconds.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Claire Koch's post:
  • Kurt
Like Reply
Too many and not enough time to list them all.  Cool

I was listening to a "guru" yesterday. I knew it was a pitch. I'm familiar with this person and like them generally. Yesterday the pitch was about meaning, compassion, fulfilling your mission in life by helping others (after buying his product), etc. All very feel good. 

Then we got to the part that due to this economy, life upheaval, and because people need us to share our knowledge to help them he had talked to his friends at a big all-in-one type software platform (email/payments, etc.) and was going to give us a trial. 

Anyone can get a trial. There is no special deal. There is no compassion. That one line ruined the entire spiel and turned me off on him. He's just another money grubbing guru who will say anything to make a buck. At least that's how I feel now. 

I know that is part of the game. I'm 100% positive his program is good and helpful and would help you help others. So, why ruin it with that junk?
[-] The following 2 users Like 10x's post:
  • Donna247, Kurt
Like Reply
Here's a fairly new one...I do a google search and click on a link and it takes me to a page on a site like NY Times where I have to be a paid subscriber to access content on the page. I don't mind subscriptions, I just don't think they should be in Google results if I can't view the page. To me, this is nothing more than old fashioned SEO cloaking where Google sees one version of a page, but we see another.

• 10x
Like Reply
(04-09-2020, 01:17 AM)Kurt Wrote: Here's a fairly new one...I do a google search and click on a link and it takes me to a page on a site like NY Times where I have to be a paid subscriber to access content on the page. I don't mind subscriptions, I just don't think they should be in Google results if I can't view the page. To me, this is nothing more than old fashioned SEO cloaking where Google sees one version of a page, but we see another.

This frustrates me too.

I was kind of surprised that a membership script I bought last year had that feature in it.

On the other hand, many of those paywalls for newspapers allow a few pages for free a month. Some of the more famous ones like WSJ don't though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 10x's post:
  • Kurt
Like Reply
(04-09-2020, 01:29 AM)10x Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 01:17 AM)Kurt Wrote: Here's a fairly new one...I do a google search and click on a link and it takes me to a page on a site like NY Times where I have to be a paid subscriber to access content on the page. I don't mind subscriptions, I just don't think they should be in Google results if I can't view the page. To me, this is nothing more than old fashioned SEO cloaking where Google sees one version of a page, but we see another.

This frustrates me too.

I was kind of surprised that a membership script I bought last year had that feature in it.

On the other hand, many of those paywalls for newspapers allow a few pages for free a month. Some of the more famous ones like WSJ don't though.

I think both the NYT and WashPo give 5 free pages a month. But with COVID I've been doing a lot of research and these two sites are good examples of authority sites and rank highly in Google. COVID makes it even worse...I saw a link that said something like "6 things you need to know when you go shopping for groceries". Interested, I click the link and it takes me to WashPo and I can't read the page. In a way it's similar to your peeve above about the IMer although probably unintentional. But really? You're hitting me up to subscribe using a potentially life-saving article?

• 10x
Like Reply
This is actually an offline peeve of mine. I went to Red Lobster before the virus and they had a electronic menu on the table to place your order. Before I could place my order I was presented with 3 suggestions on 3 seperate pages. Damn it! Hit the continue button and a 4th suggestion. Screw this!

On my way out the door the hostess asked me if everything was okay? I replied "Where is the nearest Waffle House?"
  • Kurt
Like Reply
I have humana and pay for the medicare suppliment and I chose my plan and have no intentions of changing anything
but periodically I get calls from them to make changes.  Drives me insane. 

I absolutely crack up with those websites that tell me that I wish to continue reading I will need to upgrade or that my
free reads are about to run out.  I actually say out loud "well I won't be visiting you anymore".  Don't need you!

Everything is an ad Jeffrey I actually watch them to get my mom amazon gift cards to help with her bills so I'm used to
them but I tell ya you don't need them in a restaurant.  That is NOT why we go to eat.  SO SO SO Rediculous.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Claire Koch's post:
  • Kurt
Like Reply
Here's a peeve of mine...sales copy that says, "Double your traffic" or "Double your profits". So if Google or Bezos bought your product they'd double their profit? Where can they sign up?

On the other end of the spectrum what if I'm new and only get 1 visitor or only make $1 a month. Your strategy will get me a whole additional person to my site this month? Even worse, if I get zero traffic or make zero dollars, what is double zero?

Like Reply
Forum members that POST IN ALL CAPS. When you and other members politely inform the new member that on the internet all caps is YELLING and socialy unacceptable the new member replies IN ALL CAPS.

New members that reply to several people and does not use the quote feature. When you and other members politely inform the new member about the quote button the new member continues to reply to to several people without the quote feature. Some people say the quote feature is not available on a mobile. I don't know - the feature is available on all of my mobile devices.

When long time members quote others, but place the quote after other members members comments. It causes me to scroll down to the bottom of the long time member's post to see what/who they are replying to. Why do they do that when no one else in the forum does that? Is it because they are from a country that reads from the bottom > up? If that is the reason why they do that even though they are on a native U.S. speaking forum - are they intentionaly disregarding forum protocol? Is that person also the same type of person that does not wipe their feet when they visit someones home?

Okay, put up your dukes! Rolleyes
Like Reply
Quote:Forum members that POST IN ALL CAPS. When you and other members politely inform the new member that on the internet all caps is YELLING and socialy unacceptable the new member replies IN ALL CAPS.
YEAH. I KNOW!!!!
Quote:When long time members quote others, but place the quote after other members members comments. It causes me to scroll down to the bottom of the long time member's post to see what/who they are replying to. Why do they do that when no one else in the forum does that? Is it because they are from a country that reads from the bottom > up? If that is the reason why they do that even though they are on a native U.S. speaking forum - are they intentionaly disregarding forum protocol? Is that person also the same type of person that does not wipe their feet when they visit someones home?
Wut? Give an example. Are you talking about quoting a previous post and your answer is first and then the quoted part is at the bottom?

I hate when marketers push the flavor of the month and every month that thing is THE thing that you MUST have or you might as well quit.

Like:

January: If you don't have an email list you will fail so buy this new email list thingamajig. It's the most important part of your business. 

February: The most important part of my business by far is my membership site. Without it I would be out of business. So, buy the new membership script.

March: If you aren't running Facebook ads you are missing the boat. I don't see how anyone can be in business without them these days. So, buy the new FB widget.

It gets tiresome and those people get ignored sooner than later. 

I'm not against people trying to sell me stuff. I'm not against getting daily emails--some of my favorite newsletters come daily or more often. But I hate people thinking I'm a moron and treating me as such. All three of those things (and the other 942 most important things) are important perhaps. Some are vital. Some will cause you to go out of business. But not every one every single month!
[-] The following 2 users Like 10x's post:
  • Jeffery, Kurt
Like Reply
(04-17-2020, 04:26 AM)10x Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 02:03 AM)Jeffery Wrote:
Quote:Forum members that POST IN ALL CAPS. When you and other members politely inform the new member that on the internet all caps is YELLING and socialy unacceptable the new member replies IN ALL CAPS.

YEAH. I KNOW!!!!

Quote:When long time members quote others, but place the quote after other members members comments. It causes me to scroll down to the bottom of the long time member's post to see what/who they are replying to. Why do they do that when no one else in the forum does that? Is it because they are from a country that reads from the bottom > up? If that is the reason why they do that even though they are on a native U.S. speaking forum - are they intentionaly disregarding forum protocol? Is that person also the same type of person that does not wipe their feet when they visit someones home?

Wut? Give an example. Are you talking about quoting a previous post and your answer is first and then the quoted part is at the bottom?

I hate when marketers push the flavor of the month and every month that thing is THE thing that you MUST have or you might as well quit.

Like:

January: If you don't have an email list you will fail so buy this new email list thingamajig. It's the most important part of your business. 

February: The most important part of my business by far is my membership site. Without it I would be out of business. So, buy the new membership script.

March: If you aren't running Facebook ads you are missing the boat. I don't see how anyone can be in business without them these days. So, buy the new FB widget.

It gets tiresome and those people get ignored sooner than later. 

I'm not against people trying to sell me stuff. I'm not against getting daily emails--some of my favorite newsletters come daily or more often. But I hate people thinking I'm a moron and treating me as such. All three of those things (and the other 942 most important things) are important perhaps. Some are vital. Some will cause you to go out of business. But not every one every single month!

Actually I just sent out an email about the most essential thing for an online business. LOL

But it really is and it's making sure your site is up. You can't have a business if you depend on your site and it's down. Smile

With that said, the link goes to this page for KQofC VIP membership which is paid access AND it also includes the Moniterz Tuel download for free. It's available to guests and members. Moniterz checks to see if your sites are up.

https://pheeds.com/phorum/showthread.php?tid=279

Like Reply
Yes, exactly Mark. Here is an example at the WF: Post #5

And I have tried to configure this very post the same way. Notice how your comment is at the bottom.

You may also notice all of this members posts (DABK) in the thread are like that. In other threads the member sometimes use the quote feature without the member's name that he is quoting.

Again, just a pet peeve of mine. How the forum runs its business is not what I have a peeve about.
Quote:Wut? Give an example. Are you talking about quoting a previous post and your answer is first and then the quoted part is at the bottom?
  • 10x
Like Reply
I logged into my eSurance account the other day and see where they're giving a 15% discount for the month of April. What a bunch of BS. It should be closer to an 80% discount.

I did the math and calculated that I paid $16 per mile driven the past month just for insurance.

Like Reply
Info and training that tells you what to do but not how to do it. For example when you do a google for something like "web traffic" the vast majority of the pages say something like:

Do SEO
Get Links
Make a Plan
Brainstorm Ideas
Prioritize
Test

That's what to do. Teach me how to do it.

[-] The following 2 users Like Kurt's post:
  • Jeffery, JoeSpirit
Like Reply
(05-18-2020, 10:31 PM)Kurt Wrote: Info and training that tells you what to do but not how to do it. For example when you do a google for something like "web traffic" the vast majority of the pages say something like:

Do SEO
Get Links
Make a Plan
Brainstorm Ideas
Prioritize
Test

That's what to do. Teach me how to do it.
Yepper, and that is why I am presently focusing on creating my Dashboards. It is one of my strongest selling points. Also makes for a way to keep ones self accountable.
  • Kurt
Like Reply
When restaurants have 3 drink sizes: Xtra large, large and medium. Medium isn't the smallest. Small is the smallest.

Like Reply
(02-27-2020, 08:15 PM)Kurt Wrote: Those "Click on the pics that have a street in them" captchas.

I must have spent a full 10 minutes on one last week. After awhile it becomes a challenge of personal determination.
[Image: nadgodziny-9_c0rht.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Jeffery's post:
  • 10x, Kurt
Like Reply
Just naming and not linking...

There seems to be a trend where sites give a list of resources but don't link to them. I was checking out a page that talks about the best tools for researching trending topics and they discuss sites like BuzzSumo and Google Trends, but they don't link to those sites.

Like Reply
(06-20-2020, 08:58 PM)Kurt Wrote: Just naming and not linking...

There seems to be a trend where sites give a list of resources but don't link to them. I was checking out a page that talks about the best tools for researching trending topics and they discuss sites like BuzzSumo and Google Trends, but they don't link to those sites.
Yeah, and there might be a reason for that. Silo Architecture?
Like Reply
(06-21-2020, 01:01 AM)Jeffery Wrote: Yeah, and there might be a reason for that. Silo Architecture?

They are trying to hoard link juice as well as not "lose" any traffic...all while using the names of the sites as keywords to get their own traffic.

Like Reply
When "support" says they need 48 hours to respond, so you send a support request on Tuesday and get a reply back on Thursday. But the answer isn't complete or needs more info, etc. So you reply immediately but they don't respond for 48 hours, which make it's Saturday and they don't do support on weekends so you get a response on Monday.

Like Reply
Sales pages in general, especially ones that start with an animated video that tells you absolutely nothing about the product. They tend to also have the phrase "if you've never made money online before". Half the time I can't be bothered reading through the acres of stuff on a salespage. I just want a simple explanation of what the product is, what it does and a demo.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LynnM's post:
  • Kurt
Like Reply
(06-28-2020, 08:29 PM)LynnM Wrote: Sales pages in general, especially ones that start with an animated video that tells you absolutely nothing about the product. They tend to also have the phrase "if you've never made money online before". Half the time I can't be bothered reading through the acres of stuff on a salespage. I just want a simple explanation of what the product is, what it does and a demo.

And the price...
Like Reply
(06-30-2020, 11:22 AM)JoeSpirit Wrote: And the price...

Arent they all $27, reduced from $97 for the next 6 hours and 12 minutes? Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like LynnM's post:
  • JoeSpirit, Kurt
Like Reply
Tutorials that promise "special training" then spend all their time showing you how to create an account somewhere. Unless you have some useful tip for setting up the account in a specific way, just skip it. We'll figure out how to type our names and fill in our email addresses on our own.

Like Reply

I was just thinking about this...why don't these sites offer something like 10 extra free articles a month for email subscribers? They could track these people for interests and send email content and ads based on these interests. A newletter with links to targeted new articles along with affiliate links.

Which brings me to...why don't these major companies do email/affiliate marketing with their lists?

What if Google started email Adwords folks with affiliate links to the Pheeds.com forum? Wink

Like Reply
Getting approved for Warrior Plus offers where you have bought a pre-built funnel for the product.

I just bought the JavaScript script that automates getting traffic from Instagram. Very good it is too. Only you're also provided with a sales funnel for a couple of products. But can I get an affiliate link for those products? Not so far.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pearson458's post:
  • Kurt
Like Reply
(07-12-2020, 07:53 PM)Pearson458 Wrote: Getting approved for Warrior Plus offers where you have bought a pre-built funnel for the product. I just bought the JavaScript script that automates getting traffic from Instagram. Very good it is too. Only you're also provided with a sales funnel for a couple of products. But can I get an affiliate link for those products? Not so far.

Thanks for reminding me to check affiliate requests. Wink

From the sounds of things they should set W+ to auto approve affiliates as buyers. The W+ admin for Vendors is a bit confusing. It's possible they intended to auto approve buyers, but messed it up.

• Pearson458
Like Reply
When your download has zipped folders inside zipped folders inside zipped folders...

...and you have to go through every single sub folder and unzip every other zip file.

The thing is, they aren't saving any download size. It doesn't matter if every folder is zipped individually or all as one. It will be the same size.

Along the same lines is when vendors use initials for their downloads like agh.zip. Just because they remember what it is doesn't mean we will 6 months later. So we have to rename it when we download. So instead of the Vendor using a descriptive name one time, hundreds or even thousands of people will each have to do so.

• Jeffery
Like Reply
Not IM but a marketing peeve...Why did "they" stop making 1/2 gallons of ice cream? It was just to trick us into thinking they didn't raise the price. One day you go to the store and they are all 48 oz. Charge more but I miss half gallons.

Like Reply