Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The $11 Marketing Funnel
If someone only had $11 to invest, I think this is what I'd recommend.

Get an account with a free email autoresponder service like MailChimp that has a free landing page feature.

Here's a video on how to set up landing pages with Mail Chimp:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd9krdk68hs

Buy a domain and learn how to create redirects. Here's how to do it using NameCheap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZE_SCLA6DY

Get a free site at something like Wix or Weebly.

Take an hour and really master how to use URL redirects and sub domain redirects at Namecheap and use them to point links to your MailChimp landing pages and your Wix/Weebly pages.

This way when you're ready for your own hosting you can change your redirects from Wix to your own site.

MailChimp has limitations for marketers. Use it as a test and only until you're getting results. Then get an account at GetResponse or aWeber and send your redirects either to landing pages on those accounts or to pages on your own site.

I think landing page builders offered by all the autoresponder companies and a really underrated resource and they're easy to get everything hooked up and looking good. Wix and Weebly offer quite a few options for landing pages and using URL redirects keeps you in control while depending on free third party resources.

Enjoy Generous Commissions up to 60%, find ready-to-use swipe files and more with
The Pheeds Kings and Queens of Content VIP Club affiliate program.

Click here to your affiliate link and get started now.

Like Reply
You could also set up a free blog site someplace like WP and redirect from there. That way you save even the $11 for the domain until you can buy it from profits.

If you go with the domain purchase to start and don't want to bother with redirects you can simply change the name servers at your registrar.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JoeSpirit's post:
  • Kurt
Like Reply
Hey Joe...yeah I agree there's a number of things you can do for free. You can make a "site" with free autoresponder services like MailChimp and just send links and traffic to those pages, plus a bunch of other parasite and Web 2.0 sites.

But I think a domain name is the minimum investment a person needs to make if they're serious and it acts as insurance in case accounts are lost for any reason at a free resource.

Enjoy Generous Commissions up to 60%, find ready-to-use swipe files and more with

Like Reply
I definitely agree. If the free site is absolutely necessary the very first goal in my mind is buying a domain. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me to put your content and business in somebody else's control any longer than you have to.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JoeSpirit's post:
  • Kurt
Like Reply
(04-30-2020, 12:59 PM)JoeSpirit Wrote: I definitely agree. If the free site is absolutely necessary the very first goal in my mind is buying a domain. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me to put your content and business in somebody else's control any longer than you have to.

I've put a lot of thought into this over the years trying to come up with the bare minimum budget someone needs to get into IM. In theory it's possible to do for free. Having your own domain name doesn't really increase the odds of success, it's insurance in the future for your efforts.

Things like you upload a pdf to a free site, build links to that PDF and then the free site changes their rules and shuts down your account. If you at least use a domain redirect you can upload your pdf to another free download host and just change the redirect destination to the new download.

I actually have a hard time not thinking a hosting service for a domain isn't also essential. Again it's theoretically possible to make money without one but I think it's a lot harder without than with.

Like Reply
You also cannot upload anything to free site for the most part like a zip file.  They delete those immediately
HOWEVER today there are free cloud storage areas everywhere so you don't really need to do that anymore.

I agree with you kurt get the domain if you can afford something like .89 cents a month thats what it comes out
to and for the first year you can usually get domains cheaper.  I use the honey app and have paid less then 3$
for a domain for the first year.  Just something someone can do to get it cheaper if they cannot afford much.
Albiet the price goes up when your payment comes due.

I've been there with free 2.0 sites it really takes your credibility down some.  People look up to domain holders.
But alas people who have no pennies do do it. I know its not the best
Like Reply

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free Marketing Essentials - What are some of your favorite FREE marketing resources? Kurt 19 37985 11-02-2022, 03:23 AM
Last Post: Kurt
  A good free stock video site for marketing Kurt 0 1840 06-08-2022, 05:43 PM
  An insiders look at affiliate marketing from a former affiliate manager Kurt 0 1319 05-05-2022, 01:21 AM
  Regular pages or marketing pages? BobKa 1 1975 03-30-2022, 09:29 PM
  CXL Digital Marketing Training? Kurt 1 3880 03-10-2022, 10:46 AM
Last Post: BelaDublin
  What is your favorite marketing tools for 2022? Asan 3 3445 02-03-2022, 12:29 PM
Last Post: michafr1
  Jarvee for social marketing anyone? Karen Dot 1 2387 01-24-2022, 07:13 AM
  The BIG list of premium marketing tools that offer free trials Kurt 13 50194 10-26-2021, 03:22 PM
  Easy and free way to set up a social marketing network with great content Kurt 1 2985 08-30-2021, 06:04 PM
  What are the essential tech skills for marketing online? Kurt 0 2165 08-18-2021, 02:43 AM