Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Launch vs. Evergreen Product?
There's a launch culture with a few cliques. The "culture" often includes reciprocation...I email for you, you email for me. These cliques often have serial product launchers. If you check the top sellers at W+ and JVZ regularly you'll see the same names over and over. It's what they do.

A part of the launch culture is that the scarcity isn't just limited to buyers, but also affiliates because if you don't promote this NOW you will never be able to sell it because either it is no longer for sale or the price has increased so much (usually due to making the launch price look better) that it won't sell at the price.

I don't reciprocate very well and am not a great email marketer. Both of these factors limit me as a vendor. As an affiliate, launches hurt marketers like me where our traffic is to content, maybe a video tutorial on Youtube, etc, where it takes time to drive traffic.

Another issue is as a vendor is lowering prices in the future. People that paid $47 for something and see it for sale later for $19 get upset, so this needs to be considered when coming up with a plan.

For me, I feel the best work around for all three (vendors, buyers, affiliates) is to offer a launch special discount with the regular price still reasonable to attract evergreen affiliate traffic and for the launch offer a special bonus/version that's only available with the launch. That way if you have to lower your prices later don't include the bonus and you can explain the difference in value and pricing. It gives you a legit, ethical "out" while using solid marketing principles.

From a buyer point of view...I don't want or need more video software. I've already built my toolbox. I will buy video related stuff like media or specific training/tips but very likely not video making software. A lot of other IM products are really redundant too. As I posted on another thread about the "point of diminishing returns"...this is where many of us are at now so there's a constant need for many to draw new folks into IM with promises of riches. And I really like PowerPoint and Camtasia 9 for making videos. Wink

Enjoy Generous Commissions up to 60%, find ready-to-use swipe files and more with
The Pheeds Kings and Queens of Content VIP Club affiliate program.

Click here to your affiliate link and get started now.

[-] The following 2 users Like Kurt's post:
  • 10x, Jeffery
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Launch vs. Evergreen Product? - by 10x - 06-27-2020, 02:08 AM
RE: Launch vs. Evergreen Product? - by Jeffery - 06-27-2020, 09:35 AM
RE: Launch vs. Evergreen Product? - by 10x - 06-27-2020, 10:16 AM
RE: Launch vs. Evergreen Product? - by JoeSpirit - 06-27-2020, 12:16 PM
RE: Launch vs. Evergreen Product? - by Jeffery - 06-27-2020, 02:21 PM
RE: Launch vs. Evergreen Product? - by 10x - 06-27-2020, 03:02 PM
RE: Launch vs. Evergreen Product? - by Kurt - 06-27-2020, 08:23 PM
RE: Launch vs. Evergreen Product? - by Kurt - 06-30-2020, 05:48 AM
RE: Launch vs. Evergreen Product? - by JoeSpirit - 06-30-2020, 11:20 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW Google Reveals the Fastest Growing Product Categories in Search Results Jeffery 2 5509 05-13-2020, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Jeffery