Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covid 19 Survival "caring"marketing Ideas
(04-29-2020, 01:55 AM)Kurt Wrote:
(04-28-2020, 11:11 PM)LynnM Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 09:27 PM)Kurt Wrote: I think many local businesses need a Net presence now more than ever.

How can local retail shops sell their products easily and safely? How can they accept and fulfill orders?

Something I've noticed where I live is that a number of local food retailers have started delivering instead, but most don't have a website. Or they have a site but no product details or a way to order them. You see umpteen requests on their Facebook pages for details of available goods, price lists etc. and these don't even get answered most of the time. So should I be offering my site buildiing service? Tough one, and like others have said, it maybe seems a bit opportunistic. However, one nearby farm shop has got a new website done, probably quite expensively as it was a web design team rather than a single freelancer, and you can't even find the site in Google. Not a trace. The Facebook post they made about it is buried under heaps of other posts, and the new link hasn't been added to the page info. I could have done a site much cheaper (probably too cheap, that's another issue) and thrown in some free seo for good measure. So maybe it's less opportunistic and more helping a small business? And one who is likely making the best profits they've had for ages.

P.S. Kurt, you should absolutely try selling your domain just now. You're not forcing anyone to buy it, and it will be a useful acquisition for them and a source of income for you. Nothing wrong with that imo.

I struggle with the "opportunistic" part too. On the other hand it's literally a matter of survival for many businesses.

They need to know how to make their business as safe as possible. Masks, sneeze screens, air filters, UV lights, wash stations, paper towel dispensors, gloves and disposal, extended hours.

They also need to be able to run their business as much online as possible. Apps, inventory, delivery, curbside pickup, payment processing, communication, cyber security, etc.

How can a small retail business owner get their inventory online and make sales, collect payment and give the products to customers as fast as possible?

How can a plumber on a house call to fix a leaky pipe keep himself and his clients safe?

How does an attorney set up video conferences with clients securely and easy for both?

Seems to me if you can honestly help someone survive this you have an obligation to do so.

The struggle is to help in a way that benefits everyone concerned. Maybe discounting your services/products to a level that keeps you going while building the survivability of other businesses with the understanding upfront that when things return to positive the business relationship goes to normal.

If you can help a struggling business do even better than they did before the shutdown why not at least try?
[-] The following 1 user Likes JoeSpirit's post:
  • Kurt
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Covid 19 Survival "caring"marketing Ideas - by JoeSpirit - 04-29-2020, 12:19 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free Marketing Essentials - What are some of your favorite FREE marketing resources? Kurt 19 39215 11-02-2022, 03:23 AM
Last Post: Kurt
  A good free stock video site for marketing Kurt 0 2524 06-08-2022, 05:43 PM
  An insiders look at affiliate marketing from a former affiliate manager Kurt 0 1353 05-05-2022, 01:21 AM
  Regular pages or marketing pages? BobKa 1 2019 03-30-2022, 09:29 PM
  CXL Digital Marketing Training? Kurt 1 3940 03-10-2022, 10:46 AM
Last Post: BelaDublin
  What is your favorite marketing tools for 2022? Asan 3 3542 02-03-2022, 12:29 PM
Last Post: michafr1
  Jarvee for social marketing anyone? Karen Dot 1 2437 01-24-2022, 07:13 AM
  The BIG list of premium marketing tools that offer free trials Kurt 13 50824 10-26-2021, 03:22 PM
  Easy and free way to set up a social marketing network with great content Kurt 1 3033 08-30-2021, 06:04 PM
  What are the essential tech skills for marketing online? Kurt 0 2195 08-18-2021, 02:43 AM