Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Little Red Hen...ever think about easy we really have it?
(02-20-2020, 04:35 AM)Dkillo Wrote: You guys speaking about your grandparents brings back some memories.  Both sets of my grandparents were farmers.  As a kid, my parents would take me to help them.  I called one set of grandparents, grandmama & granddaddy, and the other set maw maw and paw paw.  Granddaddy taught me how to drive a tractor when I was 7-8 years old.  He'd let me do things like mow his farm, disc his garden and haul things with his old army trailer.

Now my paw paw, on the other hand, was a bit meaner.  He'd have me out in the fields hand-picking vegetables.  I don't know if any of you have ever picked okra by hand but I don't recommend it.  I got itchy all over.

I often tell my girls that they have no clue how easy they have it these days.  Yes, I remember my parents telling me the same things.  It just seems more prevalent these days with all the advancements in technology.

We didn't have remotes for televisions (remember foil on the rabbit ears?).  No computer, internet, smartphones, alexa etc.

Our social media was going outside and playing with the neighborhood kids until dark.  Kids hardly ever go outside anymore.

Preparing a meal these days is as easy as tossing something in the microwave or calling DoorDash.

Although technology has greatly helped society.  In some ways, it's done more harm than good.

My grandmother grew up on a farm in Kansas. She was the youngest of 14 kids and all 14 graduated from college. She was a nurse in the Philippines during WWII and had to make an escape when Macarthur evacuated and declared "I shall return." After the war she taught jr. high math.

My loaf in the bread machine is almost done and every time I make a loaf in it I think of Grandma and the Little Red Hen. I just go to the store and buy a few things, then measure them out and dump them all in the machine and press a button and that's when I want to "work". I usually just buy a loaf of bread at the store. LOL

Enjoy Generous Commissions up to 60%, find ready-to-use swipe files and more with
The Pheeds Kings and Queens of Content VIP Club affiliate program.

Click here to your affiliate link and get started now.

Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Little Red Hen...ever think about easy we really have it? - by Kurt - 02-20-2020, 09:17 PM