Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Domains, hosting and aspirin
First I let my domain name KurtMelvin.com lapse. It's registered with a service I don't use much and just missed it. I renewed it OK but it's taking a while to propogate and not noticing I've sent emails with links to that domain so....not good.

Then I notice the VPS that hosts some of my domains, including KurtMelvin.com and this one Pheeds.com was down. So I log into my hosting account to request support. It wasn't just my VPS down but it appears the host's entire network was down. I've had the VPS go down for short periods once in a while, but have never not been able to even log into the host's site and support system.

Now for a double-dose of aspirin...

Enjoy Generous Commissions up to 60%, find ready-to-use swipe files and more with
The Pheeds Kings and Queens of Content VIP Club affiliate program.

Click here to your affiliate link and get started now.

Like Reply
Glad you were able to retrieve your name. But you may need more than a couple of aspirin for the outage.  Tongue Hopefully it will be resolved soon.
Like Reply
(10-17-2020, 10:57 PM)10x Wrote: Glad you were able to retrieve your name. But you may need more than a couple of aspirin for the outage.  Tongue Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

The headaches continue...It was taking too long to propagate so I go to login to Dotster to check. I can't log in to my dashboard. So I wait 12 hours or so and still couldn't log in. So I contacted support.

Come to find out when you let a domain laspe Dotster doesn't automatically use your pervious name servers and instead switches to their own nameservers. No other registrar I have used ever did this and I couldn't log in to change them,, looks like a connection problem with Cloudflkare. So support tells me they changed the nameervers...except they changed them to Dotsters nameservers again.

I finally got the correct nameservers a few hours ago and KurtMelvin.com propagated correctly pretty much everywhere, except where I am. I'll transfer this domain name to either Namecheap or Enom soon. Dotster charges a lot more ($16) and gives worse service than either of them. The only reason I'm with them is because years ago they bought 000domains.com where I first registered the domain then jacked up the prices. I was too lazy to transfer it...until now.

Enjoy Generous Commissions up to 60%, find ready-to-use swipe files and more with
The Pheeds Kings and Queens of Content VIP Club affiliate program.

Click here to your affiliate link and get started now.

Like Reply
Personally, I prefer enom.com because thier support is very professional.
Like Reply

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Domain name hack - how to find domains with click thru traffic potential Kurt 1 2058 02-20-2022, 08:22 PM
Last Post: Kurt
  Hosting, PBNs and Google Hilltop Kurt 0 1681 01-16-2022, 07:30 PM
  Letting domains expire could be a major security risk...are you one of them? Kurt 9 13981 07-27-2020, 02:47 AM
Last Post: Jeffery
  Flippa Sold Domains Alton331 1 3606 07-24-2020, 10:49 PM