Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When I was young...
When I was young there was a "generation gap" where old and young generations didn't understand each other. I told myelf when I got older I'd still be cool and not old fashioned and keep up with the new trends.

I was sooooo wrong! Smile

First, I didn't realize how bad the new music would be. And I don't want to go to a hair stylist, I want a barber. Mixologist? No thanks. If I still drank just give me a bottle of whiskey and a shot glass and I don't need a juggling act first. Barrista? How about a waitress...

Why does everything have to be so fancy?

Enjoy Generous Commissions up to 60%, find ready-to-use swipe files and more with
The Pheeds Kings and Queens of Content VIP Club affiliate program.

Click here to your affiliate link and get started now.

[-] The following 2 users Like Kurt's post:
  • Bill Davis, Jeffery
Like Reply
When I was young I hitchhiked from Denver to New Orleans to join the Merchant Marines. Now putting on long pants and shoes to go to the grocery store seems like more adventure than I can handle.

Enjoy Generous Commissions up to 60%, find ready-to-use swipe files and more with
The Pheeds Kings and Queens of Content VIP Club affiliate program.

Click here to your affiliate link and get started now.

[-] The following 2 users Like Kurt's post:
  • Bill Davis, Jeffery
Like Reply
I'm 75 now, and my eldest son is almost 50. Youngest grandchild is only 5 but eldest is 23 and Teaching.
I suppose my wife (that dear old grandma that still lives with me) saw more of the children in their younger years than i did, I was off in woods and on hilltops as an Army Communicator. She now proves that in the COVID era on our family ZOOM Booze-ups because she can answer many more of the TV and Music questions we quiz one another with during what we know as Operation Memorabilia sessions. My daughters 3 children are only about 7 miles away on the other side of York, so I've seen a lot of their growing up and they've gone from loving to explore the woods and climb trees with me (I was fitter a few years back) to just burying their heads in their Pads playing Games. They don't read much, are far too used to the Treat of a Take-Out, and despite their Mum's insistence would drink Coke all day if they could. Yup, some changes are not for the better, but who knows how they will end up, I don't expect to see all of them grow up - just have to accept what life throws at me. maybe running around having DDT fights with those old Pumpsprays might actually catch up with me!
[-] The following 1 user Likes John488's post:
  • Kurt
Like Reply
(10-04-2020, 11:08 PM)Kurt Wrote: When I was young I hitchhiked from Denver to New Orleans to join the Merchant Marines. Now putting on long pants and shoes to go to the grocery store seems like more adventure than I can handle.

LOL

(10-03-2020, 08:04 PM)Kurt Wrote: When I was young there was a "generation gap" where old and young generations didn't understand each other. I told myelf when I got older I'd still be cool and not old fashioned and keep up with the new trends.

I was sooooo wrong! Smile

First, I didn't realize how bad the new music would be. And I don't want to go to a hair stylist, I want a barber. Mixologist? No thanks. If I still drank just give me a bottle of whiskey and a shot glass and I don't need a juggling act first. Barrista? How about a waitress...

Why does everything have to be so fancy?

Same. The music really sucks, $9 coffees is bullshit (okay, I don't know the price of a Starbucks Crapachino), and I really wish hippies ran the world (though I didn't really *get* them when I was younger).

But a world run by Willie Nelson and Keith Richards would probably be pretty chill.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bill Davis's post:
  • Kurt
Like Reply
Growing up in a small country town in southern Alabama I spent a lot of my time at the town's only country store playing checkers on the front porch with guys three to six times my age. I miss their wisdom.

As I got into my young teens I also spent a lot of time at the town's only barber shop which was more of an excuse to discuss sports and I learned how to shine shoes as well as how to cut hair. I was the shoe shine boy and the only sober barber most weekends. I miss the easygoing lifestyle.

Catfish frys was a source of income for a while. Soldiers and their families from the local military base would spend the day eating, a little fishing and where I met the town Mayor. The Mayor introduced me to The Chamber of Commerce.  There, I learned how to buy my own land and later opened my own fishing and hunting camps.

Today, if I had to do it all over, I wouldn't change a thing except for my run in with the Wright sister's father. Wink
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jeffery's post:
  • Neil797
Like Reply