Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Masks or Shields?
Question 
Assuming you had to wear one or the other to save all of humanity and they offered equal protection, which would you choose a face mask or a shield?

Here's an example of a shield:

[Image: s-l1600.jpg]
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fisherman-Cap-Protective-Clear-Full-face-cover-Dust-proof-Sun-Visor-Hat-Unisex/373009001000?_trkparms=aid%3D1110006%26algo%3DHOMESPLICE.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D226740%26meid%3Df6a07820d34244e0934fe9b1c7cbf2c1%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D5%26rkt%3D12%26mehot%3Dco%26sd%3D283835151462%26itm%3D373009001000%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D0%26pg%3D2047675%26algv%3DSimplAMLv5PairwiseWebWithDarwoV2%26brand%3DUnbranded&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

I think I'd prefer a shield in most cases and if you can eat and drink with them on that would be even better. BTW...I've read a couple of articles that think shields may offer more protection against COVID than masks.

Enjoy Generous Commissions up to 60%, find ready-to-use swipe files and more with
The Pheeds Kings and Queens of Content VIP Club affiliate program.

Click here to your affiliate link and get started now.

Like Reply
Personally, I would prefer a mask for normal everyday activiities and a shield if I were ever kidnapped by aliens and forced to visit a vacuum store. Rolleyes
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jeffery's post:
  • Kurt
Like Reply
Here's an article that suggests shields "may be better" than masks.
https://www.aarp.org/health/healthy-livi...masks.html

I don't understand why there hasn't been any testing of this? I think there's a good chance shields are better but where's a little evidence? Shields also help with a number of issues like seeing someone's entire face or being able to drink (with a straw), potential breathing issues and a few others.

At the very least it would be nice to know if they are a valid option scientifically and legally (in some areas). In my town masks are required. As I said in my OP, I'd rather wear a shield. Can I legally?

Enjoy Generous Commissions up to 60%, find ready-to-use swipe files and more with

Like Reply
Since I'm used to wearing a mask, I'd prefer that if it helps. Who knows for sure with all the flip-flopping on the subject. If it doesn't help, I'm not sure about a shield. I mean you get to the point of diminishing returns. Pretty soon they are going to have us forcibly double microchipped living in pods with no contact with any other human. At that point, I'd welcome the virus because it would be better than the alternative.
Like Reply
I've seen people wearing both at the same time.

I'm hearing a lot of people saying the masks are causing their faces to break out with bumps and rash too. A shield wouldn't do that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JoeSpirit's post:
  • Kurt
Like Reply
(06-26-2020, 01:38 PM)JoeSpirit Wrote: I've seen people wearing both at the same time.

I'm hearing a lot of people saying the masks are causing their faces to break out with bumps and rash too. A shield wouldn't do that.

My biggest concern is that I've tried to research this and all I find is something like "Experts believe shields are better" and while I tend to agree with them, where's the actually testing? I don't understand why this hasn't been thoroughly tested by now. And why aren't shields being talked about? If they are a valid option why not give people a choice?

Like Reply
[Image: giphy.gif]

[-] The following 1 user Likes Kurt's post:
  • Jeffery
Like Reply