Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to find Wikipedia links...
Wikigrabber is a great free tool that finds pages on Wikipedia with broken links. It's been a while since I used this strategy so I won't give any advice, but if you're into SEO it is probably worth your while to get some links from Wikipedia and research up-to-date strategies to get a link that sticks.

It's generally best to use Wikigrabber to do research first, then create a "pillar page" (high quality) for content specific to that topic. You can (and probably should) check The Wayback Machine and see what content was linked to. Don't copy it, just use it as a guideline.

A quality link or two from Wikipedia to your network can do wonders for your Google rankings.

https://www.webfx.com/seo-tools/wikigrabber/

Enjoy Generous Commissions up to 60%, find ready-to-use swipe files and more with
The Pheeds Kings and Queens of Content VIP Club affiliate program.

Click here to your affiliate link and get started now.

Like Reply
I forgot to add...you can take this strategy a step further and look for dead links in Wikipedia (and other authority sites) and then check if the domain names are available. Then buy the domain name and recreate (not steal) the general content of the "linked to" page. Starting an SEO linking campaign with a high authority link can be a big advantage.

Enjoy Generous Commissions up to 60%, find ready-to-use swipe files and more with

[-] The following 1 user Likes Kurt's post:
  • Jeffery
Like Reply
I did some work for Dr. Manny back in the day he had me posting to a gazillion pages that talked about 
one wikipedia subject is that a pillar page?

Do you have an example of a pillar page? believe it or not I have never heard that term before what does
that mean? Can you expand on the high quality aspect? I'm really interested in this topic would love to
know more.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Claire Koch's post:
  • Kurt
Like Reply
(05-07-2020, 05:45 PM)Claire Koch Wrote: I did some work for Dr. Manny back in the day he had me posting to a gazillion pages that talked about 
one wikipedia subject is that a pillar page?

Do you have an example of a pillar page? believe it or not I have never heard that term before what does
that mean? Can you expand on the high quality aspect? I'm really interested in this topic would love to
know more.

A pillar page is a page that would be considered the best on a topic by many and easier to build links to because of it. In the context here, a pillar page won't be seen as spam and should be appreciated by the people you share it with.
https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/pillar-page-examples

A similar concept is a "skyscrapper page" and may be better. A skyscaper has a ton of content about topic on the same page. I would consider this to be a skyscraper page from Crian Dan on the topic of Link Building. This is an easy page to post a link to on sites like Reddit, Quora, forums, etc., assuming link building is relevant to the topic.

https://backlinko.com/link-building

As a rule of thumb, use the 80/20 rule and 10-20% of the pages on a site should me pillar/skyscraper and the rest of the pages being short 350-600 word articles to fill out the site and support and promote the 10-20%. With 80-90% of the promotion/linking efforts going to the 10-20% pillar/skyscraper pages.

IOW, give people pages they want to see, read, share and link to.

Of course, this is for content markting. If you have sales letters on a site, optin forms, drive traffic with paid ads, etc, disregard this strategy. Wink

[-] The following 1 user Likes Kurt's post:
  • Jeffery
Like Reply
I have read a few pages on the internet and elsewhere (cannot remember where tho)
about skyscraper pages found that very interesting.  But I not really tried to be professional about it nor have i tried using
this new information.

Thanks so much kurt for your detailed explanation  on pillar pages and taking the extra time.  I really am glad to know this!!! I can't tell you.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Claire Koch's post:
  • Kurt
Like Reply
(05-07-2020, 07:48 PM)Kurt Wrote: A skyscaper has a ton of content about topic on the same page. I would consider this to be a skyscraper page from Crian Dan on the topic of Link Building. This is an easy page to post a link to on sites like Reddit, Quora, forums, etc., assuming link building is relevant to the topic. ?https://backlinko.com/link-building

Another benefit of these types of pages is they also create months of social media content and links. How many tweets to you think he can get from this page? And each has a link back to his page.

Like Reply

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to find folks that want to make money online w/o searching for make money online Kurt 0 1372 06-02-2022, 12:06 AM
Last Post: Kurt
  You won't find these keyword, AI content writing, Quora & Traffic tips anywhere else Kurt 0 1575 05-26-2022, 04:38 PM
  How many links to rank and getting an edge Kurt 0 1162 04-21-2022, 05:10 PM
  Easy way to find domain names with a link advantage Kurt 0 1505 04-15-2022, 01:30 PM
  Domain name hack - how to find domains with click thru traffic potential Kurt 1 2058 02-20-2022, 08:22 PM
  Want to know a really easy and effective way to find niches? Kurt 0 1900 08-15-2021, 03:25 AM
  A Good intro to the Skyscraper Technique for Building Links Kurt 0 2924 02-04-2021, 12:26 AM