Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do Not Make This Mistake
Even though I'm an old (emphasis on old) IT guy, I rarely will make a public declaration against software or devices. That may change because I'm about to start doing technology reviews but it takes a lot for me to be upset enough to tell everyone. 

I made a huge mistake last night. I bought a silent mouse to replace an aging one that needs to be put out of its misery.

I had never heard of a silent mouse but figured it was, well, silent. Since I work during the night most nights due to time zone differences, I am always afraid my clicking and clacking will keep people up. 

So I decided to try it.

I hated it immediately. I was buying something this morning, for example, and wound up clicking the link twice since I didn't get the sound feedback. 

So, I bought a good old fashioned loud mouse and I'm happy again. But, I'm positive that if I had to work a whole day with that silent mouse, I would be locked up either in jail or a mental hospital. It was not fun.

You've been warned. Stay far away from these evil devices that must have been sown in the depths of hell to bring misery to mankind. Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like 10x's post:
  • Donna247, Jeffery
Like Reply
Quote:So, I bought a good old fashioned loud mouse and I'm happy again. But, I'm positive that if I had to work a whole day with that silent mouse, I would be locked up either in jail or a mental hospital. It was not fun.

You've been warned. Stay far away from these evil devices that must have been sown in the depths of hell to bring misery to mankind. Smile
I laughed outloud.

Years ago I was taking a computer class with 10 or so soldiers. One of the soldiers was constantly complaining about his keyboard. We had a time-limit to complete a task and when I was the first to finish I raised my arms and shouted DONE. The soldier that was complaining abruptly stood up and broke his keyboard over his knee and stomped out of the room cursing. All of us broke out laughing. Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Jeffery's post:
  • 10x, Donna247
Like Reply
(05-02-2020, 01:00 PM)10x Wrote: Even though I'm an old (emphasis on old) IT guy, I rarely will make a public declaration against software or devices. That may change because I'm about to start doing technology reviews but it takes a lot for me to be upset enough to tell everyone. 

I made a huge mistake last night. I bought a silent mouse to replace an aging one that needs to be put out of its misery.

I had never heard of a silent mouse but figured it was, well, silent. Since I work during the night most nights due to time zone differences, I am always afraid my clicking and clacking will keep people up. 

So I decided to try it.

I hated it immediately. I was buying something this morning, for example, and wound up clicking the link twice since I didn't get the sound feedback. 

So, I bought a good old fashioned loud mouse and I'm happy again. But, I'm positive that if I had to work a whole day with that silent mouse, I would be locked up either in jail or a mental hospital. It was not fun.

I sincerely thank you for bringing this to my attention.  I will definitely stay away from those things.  I am happy that you are still with us - the sane people.  Rolleyes

Seriously, you had me laughing.  I can empathize.  Take care!
Like Reply