Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random weird thoughts and comments
I can't stand the sound of a broom with hard bristles sweeping, especially a push broom. It's like finger nails on a chalk board to me and have to use brooms with soft bristles.

I love the sound of ice cubes cracking and the clip clop of horses walking in the street.

Enjoy Generous Commissions up to 60%, find ready-to-use swipe files and more with
The Pheeds Kings and Queens of Content VIP Club affiliate program.

Click here to your affiliate link and get started now.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Kurt's post:
  • Donna247
Like Reply
I really like The Rock, but can't think of a single movie of his I really like.

Enjoy Generous Commissions up to 60%, find ready-to-use swipe files and more with

Like Reply
Perfume so strong that it takes my breath away.

People that break line.

Cowboys that don't tip their hat to a pretty girl, yet expect the girl to make them breakfast the next morning. Dodgy
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jeffery's post:
  • Donna247
Like Reply
(04-18-2020, 09:57 PM)Kurt Wrote: I really like The Rock, but can't think of a single movie of his I really like.

Can't remember the name of his movie and I didn't watch the whole movie, but it was educational. He was going to urinate in a pool of water and was warned not to do it because a "bug of some sort" would swim up his stream of urine into his "you know what" and expand thorn-like thingys resulting in getting painfully stuck in his "you know what."

I searched that on youtube and watched a vid of doctor streaming water from a water hose into a bucket with a few of the nasty lil devils. The lil devils actually did the deed as described.

The reason I research it was because I was told the same thing when visitng a water fall pond on the island Pohnpei, Caroline Islands.

I know.. too much information. Huh
  • Donna247
Like Reply
Beware of pseudo intellectual contrarians. They're all over the Web and their mission in life is to be contrarian. Not because they seek alternative views, but because disagreeing is the only way they can feel smarter than the others. After all, if they agree with something others are saying they can't be smarter (in their view).

Like Reply
Life was better when when there were animal TV stars like Lassie, Gentle Ben, Flipper and even Dennis the Menace had a pet elephant Maya.

There were even good supporting animal characters like Arnold the Pig and Clarence the Cross Eyed Lion.

Maya the Elephant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZYmEidnf34

Clarence the Cross Eyed Lion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5CHUxn9kCo

• LynnM
Like Reply
I always wondered why hot air balloons weren't invented sooner? The basic materaials needed have been around forever. The Greeks (and many others) had to know hot air rose just by seeing the embers of a fire float up. They would have been a great advantage for defense and war.

Like Reply
(04-21-2020, 02:39 AM)Kurt Wrote: I always wondered why hot air balloons weren't invented sooner? The basic materaials needed have been around forever. The Greeks (and many others) had to know hot air rose just by seeing the embers of a fire float up. They would have been a great advantage for defense and war.

But were they advanced enough to know that the whole thing would not go up in flames?  It probably would have taken quite a few tests and lost lives to actually get the thing up there.
I imagine they did think about it though.  I'm not an evolutionist but a lot of this stuff evolves out of people coming to grips on how to do it without losing everything on the trials.
They probably had mathmatical estimates by the time they tried to send the first one up.  On another note maybe unrelated since this is suppposed to be about weird thoughts.  I never did get
over seeing the hindenburg crash a burn.  I hate fires.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Claire Koch's post:
  • Donna247
Like Reply
(04-19-2020, 06:56 PM)Kurt Wrote: Beware of pseudo intellectual contrarians. They're all over the Web and their mission in life is to be contrarian. Not because they seek alternative views, but because disagreeing is the only way they can feel smarter than the others. After all, if they agree with something others are saying they can't be smarter (in their view).

Well. I don't agree with you at all.

(04-18-2020, 09:57 PM)Kurt Wrote: I really like The Rock, but can't think of a single movie of his I really like.

I really liked The Game Plan.  Probably one you wouldn't, though.  Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Donna247's post:
  • Kurt
Like Reply
(04-18-2020, 09:56 PM)Kurt Wrote: I can't stand the sound of a broom with hard bristles sweeping, especially a push broom. It's like finger nails on a chalk board to me and have to use brooms with soft bristles.
 Polystyrene being broken up, makes me shudder, hate it.
[-] The following 2 users Like LynnM's post:
  • Claire Koch, Kurt
Like Reply
It's helpful how often I forget something I'd doing on the computer and hit "paste" and whatever I paste reminds me of what I was doing. I just need to remember to paste when I forget.

• Claire Koch
Like Reply
You know when you pretend to throw a ball to fake out a dog? I bet the dog feels the same way I do when I bite into a cookie expecting chocolate chip but getting oatmeal raisin instead...and I really had my heart set on chocolate chip.

Like Reply
True: It's against the law to take your pack mule or horse to any floor of a building above the ground floor in Cripple Creek Colorado.

Like Reply
True: In some townships of Germany it is against the law to remove horse poo from the steets.

Note: Horse poo is a popular rose flower fertilizer and sometimes horses will escape their pastures and stroll down streets. Township workers tidy up and resell the valued fertilizer.
Like Reply
How come Final Jeopardy never has categories like "Denver Bronco Quarterbacks" or "Kurt's Favorite Pizza Toppings"?

Like Reply
(05-28-2020, 12:23 AM)Kurt Wrote: How come Final Jeopardy never has categories like "Denver Bronco Quarterbacks" or "Kurt's Favorite Pizza Toppings"?

Me thinks it has a lot to do with PG-13 movie rating system. Rolleyes

Why are Webinars confused with Winebars?
  • Kurt
Like Reply
Mel Blanc is generally acknowledged as having the most acting credits all time for TV and movies. I think he has about 1000 total TV and movie credits.

• Jeffery
Like Reply
The most trusted man in America coined and patented the phrase "And that's the way it is."
Like Reply
Today, I learned that Einstein never wore socks. He once was asked why ne never wore socks. He answerd the question with an explanation and a question... socks eventually become worn out with holes, so why wear socks?

Makes me ponder why geniuses think the way they do.
Like Reply
(05-31-2020, 03:56 AM)Jeffery Wrote: socks eventually become worn out with holes, so why wear socks?

Seems to me one could argue the same about pants.
Like Reply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf03U04rqGQ

Like Reply
Does anyone else associate color in the task bar in WINDOZE? Firefox has an orange icon so when I switch programs I seem to have to click on every other orange icon until I get to Firefox. Chrome is red, yellow green and blue and so is Spartan Clipboard so I get them confused too. Regardless of the shape or design, it's the colors of the icons that I associate with programs.

Like Reply
(06-03-2020, 11:26 PM)Kurt Wrote: Does anyone else associate color in the task bar in WINDOZE? Firefox has an orange icon so when I switch programs I seem to have to click on every other orange icon until I get to Firefox. Chrome is red, yellow green and blue and so is Spartan Clipboard so I get them confused too. Regardless of the shape or design, it's the colors of the icons that I associate with programs.

No, not me. It is possible to create your own browser tabs in the FireFox taskbar and display them in the Windows taskbar. I taught a small group of AT&T employees how to do it and they went to support centers to train those employees. Just right-click the FireFox taskbar and follow the leads.

On a side note, there is a FireFox addon that allows you to change the color of the tabs you create. Not what you want, but it is a work-around. Howevr, I've never use the addons myself.

When I pin browser tabs, my local html files, I use home made icons. Most days I use 7 tabs, but I have 16 to date that I rotate through depending on the projects I'm working on and the time of day.
  • Kurt
Like Reply
Vanilla ice cream is the king of desserts. It goes with any flavor of cake or pie. You can put candy and cookies in it, have fruit sundaes, make a root beer float or milk shake. I'm not saying it's the best, only the most versatile. Wink

• Jeffery
Like Reply
I have a friend who once worked in an ice cream factory. He says they throw all the junk in chocolate. He won't go near it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JoeSpirit's post:
  • Kurt
Like Reply
[Image: giphy.gif]

Like Reply
How come electric windows are only in cars? I think it would be great to have electric windows that open and close in homes as well and even better if they had remote control.

Like Reply
(06-30-2020, 06:24 PM)Kurt Wrote: How come electric windows are only in cars? I think it would be great to have electric windows that open and close in homes as well and even better if they had remote control.

That's a brilliant idea, but would you need a different remote for each window?
Like Reply
I'm thinking Bill Gates has electric windows in his home. The story I read about it is very futuristic. A person's favorite music that follows him through the house, lights that strengthen and soften at one's approach.
Like Reply