Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amazon Associates Reduces Commissions April 21, 2020
Today, Amazon announced it is reducing the Amazon Associates Commissions effective April 21, 2020.

Two sources:

Associates Program Standard Fees Schedule

Associates Operating Agreement – What’s Changed

In a nutshell, eight product categorie's commissions are reduced for a total of 25.5%

Amazon Fresh
Furniture, Home, Home Improvement, Lawn & Garden, Pets Products, Pantry
Headphones, Beauty, Musical Instruments, Business & Industrial Supplies
Outdoors, Tools
Grocery
Health & Personal Care
Sports
Baby Products

Apparently the lsit of categories is product specific and future changes may be implimented.

Pheeds Related Threads
Like Reply
Did some number crunching and I project that each of my client's portfolio of websites will loose almot $14,000.00 yearly. Ouch.

From a Amazon website developers persective it is time to step-up and mimize the loss in revenue and this is where Pheeders will come into play.

Nothing is better than forming an online community where people can gather and figure out a new game plan.
[Image: Amazon-Associates-Pay-Cut-Tables-Final-index.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jeffery's post:
  • Kurt
Like Reply
Sad. Bezos is the richest man in the world and Amazon's stock has been soaring. We're in the middle of a lockdown and now Bezos feels he needs more money at the expense of his affiliates.

Another reason I not only prefer eBay's Partner Network as an affiliate,  I also never shop at Amazon and instead use eBay. I almost always find things cheaper on eBay than Amazon.

Enjoy Generous Commissions up to 60%, find ready-to-use swipe files and more with
The Pheeds Kings and Queens of Content VIP Club affiliate program.

Click here to your affiliate link and get started now.

[-] The following 2 users Like Kurt's post:
  • Donna247, Jeffery
Like Reply
The new Apple iPhone SE 2020, available April 17 2020, Average retail is $399.00

To comapre almost anything between eBay and others I like to start with Google Shopping first to get an overall idea of what is popular. Google Shopping searches a wide range of retailers, including biggies such as Amazon, Currys PC World, John Lewis and Tesco. It also searches less traditional retailers such as eBay and daily deals site Groupon.

The drawback is the best results require a little manual work.
How to use Google Shopping to your advantage:
  1. Search for a product. Google will list relevant items sold by multiple retailers. 
  2. Use the filters on the left-hand side. These let you filter results by price, retailer and more. You can also choose whether to view second-hand items.
  3. Select the item you're after and click 'compare prices from xx shops'. This will show you the full list of retailers.
  4. Compare prices. You can sort results by 'base price' (without postage) or 'total price' (including postage) – helping you decide whether to buy in store or online.

There are apps that do similar comparisons:
joinhoney.com being the most popular.

Here is a list of 30 apps for different categories of products from LifeHack

When I used the above methods I found the new iPhone for as little as $185.00.

Took about 5-10 minutes to save about $215.00.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jeffery's post:
  • Donna247, Kurt
Like Reply
I understand from a business point why he thinks that he doesn't need affiliates now.  Affiliates got amazon to where it is, that is in my opinion. For Bezos to do that now is really bad. I'm removing my links. I would rather not send business that way.  I will be looking to go directly to products' own affiliate products IF possible. 

Kurt, as to what you are saying about Ebay, I will check out that also.  I was already rethinking amazon when they started not paying commissions on several items ordered through my links.  One I remember well about 3 months ago was a cricut machine. NO commission and no answer from support on WHY.

Take care, EVERYONE!
[-] The following 2 users Like Donna247's post:
  • Jeffery, Kurt
Like Reply
(04-16-2020, 07:07 PM)Donna247 Wrote: I understand from a business point why he thinks that he doesn't need affiliates now.  Affiliates got amazon to where it is, that is in my opinion. For Bezos to do that now is really bad. I'm removing my links. I would rather not send business that way.  I will be looking to go directly to products' own affiliate products IF possible. 

Kurt, as to what you are saying about Ebay, I will check out that also.  I was already rethinking amazon when they started not paying commissions on several items ordered through my links.  One I remember well about 3 months ago was a cricut machine. NO commission and no answer from support on WHY.

Take care, EVERYONE!

I got in EPN many years ago when they pretty much accepted everyone. I think it's harder to be accepted now. But they have a number of really useful tools for their affiliates. But they've also changed over the years and I don't make as much now as I used to and how and what they pay has always been a mystery.

Enjoy Generous Commissions up to 60%, find ready-to-use swipe files and more with
The Pheeds Kings and Queens of Content VIP Club affiliate program.

Click here to your affiliate link and get started now.

Like Reply

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  IM News Pheeds April 25 2022 News You Can Use Kurt 0 1429 04-25-2022, 10:42 PM
Last Post: Kurt
  30 Powerpoint tips for 2020 Kurt 2 5672 03-03-2021, 05:57 PM
  December 2020 Core Update Today Neil797 0 2555 12-03-2020, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Neil797
  New Bing Webmaster Tools Live With New URL Inspection Tool Jul 30, 2020 Jeffery 1 4527 08-01-2020, 05:30 AM
  PayPal acquires Honey and the future of Amazon niche sites Jeffery 0 2544 06-12-2020, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Jeffery
  Quick Amazon Review Trick Kurt 0 2465 05-15-2020, 07:19 PM
  The Definitive List of 64 Influencer Marketing Tools for 2020 Kurt 0 2794 03-25-2020, 05:32 AM
  Affiliate Marketing for Beginners 2020 & How to Start an Online Business Infrastruce Jeffery 3 6780 02-25-2020, 06:38 AM
Last Post: Jeffery