Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What things in nature amaze you?
Spiders being able to weave webs amazes me. Their brains are so small yet they have the insticts to weave a web with no training. And every web is different because the surroundings are different.

Also...have you seen the honey bee waggle dance? Bees use the waggle dance to tell others in the hive where they can find the best sources of pollen and nectar.

Enjoy Generous Commissions up to 60%, find ready-to-use swipe files and more with
The Pheeds Kings and Queens of Content VIP Club affiliate program.

Click here to your affiliate link and get started now.

Like Reply
The way some hooved animals can climb amazes me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG9TMn1FJzc

Enjoy Generous Commissions up to 60%, find ready-to-use swipe files and more with

Like Reply
The Science of Yawns, Dogs and Empathy
When you yawn - Your dog yawns 69% of the time.

Like Reply
The beauty (and sound) of the ocean.

The fact that I really believe, because they act like it, that my dogs really love me. That they are my children.

Sorry, that's it for today. I was just thinking of this because we have a view of the ocean and 4 dogs that I love dearly so those are daily reminders that there is more to life than money, websites, TV, etc.
Like Reply
Orcas will kill great white sharks and consider them sushi and seem to only eat their livers...looks like Jaws is going to need a bigger boat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC8Wxfn5xFw

Like Reply
Termite engineer their mounds in Africa so they are always around 72F inside no matter the temp outside. They have series of airways they open and close to control the temp. Architects are trying to utilize the same tech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=620omdSZzBs

Like Reply
I haven't taken the time in 3 or 4 years but I used to float a stretch on Sugar Creek at least once a year. Indians gave it the name because of the abundant Sugar Maples that grow along the banks.

I started in the mid-70s when I built a canoe. Back then I always made the trip over the 4th of July weekend and paddled only around 8 miles or so.

After I retired I gave the canoe to my son and bought a touring kayak. Then I started floating a 30-mile distance over a 5-day period, pitching a tent on sandbars each night.

Over the years I saw some amazing beauty in nature.

A bald eagle sitting on the top of a dead tree and watching me as I floated by. A beaver rolling itself in the shallow water near the bank. Muskrat swimming to and from their dens to forage for food. A doe with two fauns getting a morning drink and watching me as I floated toward them. When she decided I was too close she left the water for the woods and called back to the fawns to follow her.

Every time I float that creek I see something new. Those are the most peaceful times I've known in my life.
[-] The following 2 users Like JoeSpirit's post:
  • Jeffery, Kurt
Like Reply
Here's a brown bear chasing a deer. Sure the deer gets stuck at the end but the beer is running stride for stide with the deer the entire time and looks like it's just jogging. For an animal that big to be that fast and agile is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqGiLMpZdBw

Like Reply
(05-04-2020, 06:19 AM)Kurt Wrote: Here's a brown bear chasing a deer. Sure the deer gets stuck at the end but the beer is running stride for stide with the deer the entire time and looks like it's just jogging. For an animal that big to be that fast and agile is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqGiLMpZdBw

I once read that a grizzly can run up to 30 MPH.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JoeSpirit's post:
  • Kurt
Like Reply
[Image: 95131414_1285212901676565_39124152375501...e=5EDD46DD]

Like Reply
[Image: 96529075_277395360059130_452155397364724...e=5EE10C40]
Quote:These are pictures of a village in Assam (India). A man bought the cow from a neighboring village and brought it to his village. Dogs used to bark at night. People thought that thieves were taking advantage of the lockdown. They installed CCTV and what they saw surprised them. Then they reached the village of the man from whom they had bought the cow and found out that the mother of the leopard had died when she was 20 days old. The people of the village brought the female leopard to the cow and she nursed it. When the kitten grew up, they left him in the forest, but he did not forget his savior, who fed him. She comes to the forest every night to visit her mother.

Like Reply
When I was a youngster in New Jersey my Dad worked on communication equipment for the boats part-time in a marina. In summer I went fishing about every day off the piers.

One day I heard mewing and looked in a hole in the side of the pier I was on to find a couple of newborn kittens. I managed to catch one of them and took it home.

We placed the kitten with my rat terrier who had a fresh litter at the time. She nursed that kitten right along with her pups.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JoeSpirit's post:
  • Kurt
Like Reply
[Image: 92929702_766105740582830_602409782058208...e=5EE2E881]

The bear is tranquilized not dead...

Like Reply
[Image: giphy.gif]

[-] The following 1 user Likes Kurt's post:
  • 10x
Like Reply
[Image: CourageousFineAnchovy-size_restricted.gi...rg2VTYXpRk]

Like Reply
This is Continental Falls outside Breckenridge Colorado:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa9o-zm0jD4

• JoeSpirit
Like Reply
[Image: 104666222_1882699445193351_7741388372857...e=5F13AD02]

Like Reply
Re. the bears. That is amazing. I always have a mental picture of one or two bears. Is there a story behind the picture?
Like Reply
(06-21-2020, 01:52 AM)Jeffery Wrote: Re. the bears. That is amazing. I always have a mental picture of one or two bears. Is there a story behind the picture?

I came across that image a while back. I can only remember that it was taken at a bear sanctuary. I can't remember why they were all up the tree though.

BTW I wonder when they're ripe? When is bear picking season anyway?

Like Reply
(06-21-2020, 03:47 AM)Kurt Wrote:
(06-21-2020, 01:52 AM)Jeffery Wrote: Re. the bears. That is amazing. I always have a mental picture of one or two bears. Is there a story behind the picture?

I came across that image a while back. I can only remember that it was taken at a bear sanctuary. I can't remember why they were all up the tree though.

BTW I wonder when they're ripe? When is bear picking season anyway?

Not sure. Here in the hollar we pick on them year round unless it is their mating season, around June, and in that event we send our Xs into the woods to pick berries. Angel
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jeffery's post:
  • Kurt
Like Reply
[Image: 75521823_10207735675067474_1727804407344...e=5F215AA2]

Rainbow wasp South Africa
Photograph: Hrodulf Steinkampf

Like Reply
Click to view:

https://www.facebook.com/john.eagle.1238...834308291/

Like Reply
One of the things that amazes me is the universal nature of motherhood. I'm purposefuly ignorning those mothers that eat or kill their young. LOL

Several years ago we found two (fairly) newborn cats in the wall of our house--one white (or light) and one black. The mother took the lighter one back but rejected the black one even though we tried several times to reconnect them.

We have an old weiner dog. Since she was a mother before, she was used to dealing with the young and immediately knew what to do. She started loving on the cat, washing her off, etc. We were shocked to find out that the kitty was trying to nurse with the weiner dog. Of course, there was no milk but it was the cutest thing. 

To this day, those two have a special connection that the cat doesn't have with our other 3 dogs.
[-] The following 2 users Like 10x's post:
  • Jeffery, Kurt
Like Reply
Click to play:

https://www.facebook.com/Discovery/video...305199741/

Like Reply
Albino Whale off the coast of Cork Ireland
Photo by Jenny Dean

[Image: 115642994_570195846981129_43608060174605...e=5F429213]

Like Reply
[Image: 117406456_4269966643045540_3815136407866...e=5F5C8F0E]

• Jeffery
Like Reply
[Image: claude-kurt-whales.png]
Like Reply
Bear takes down bison in Yellowstone National Park
Like Reply