Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covid 19 Survival "caring"marketing Ideas
So I got the go Ahead from Kurt to open this thread.
PLEASE NOTE - This is NOT for gaming it with the vulnerable. I have seen already some scam marketers digging deep in the pit by selling more fear...This is not about that. Thank you.

Lets put our heads together as a Braintrust here perhaps?
Or If not - Lets look at trending Niches of sales/services we can honorably help out, helping our own families at the same time.

My first seed ideas based off what I could do with my skill sets are:

1. Small membership club on Localised B2B helpline Information & Networking
2. Free Webinars (to) Paid consultancy on supporting sales & Cashflow Ideas for New Home Business start Ups
3. Helping Schools set up webinar platforms
4. Helping B2B to set up seminars online
[-] The following 2 users Like cosmic77's post:
  • Jeffery, Kurt
Like Reply
This is a tough one...I think my first inclination is to try to tie a product or service into some type of charity or helpful event and send out press releases if relevant...but I keep getting back to just surviving.

I think some online side hustles are a possibility and training for employees to help them survive? With that said, my side hustle selling tees on etsy isn't doing well lately and I'm not sure people are spending money, or if they should.

Enjoy Generous Commissions up to 60%, find ready-to-use swipe files and more with
The Pheeds Kings and Queens of Content VIP Club affiliate program.

Click here to your affiliate link and get started now.

Like Reply
Fortune 500 Companies are actively emailing their client base with 'We See You' types of emails that are purposed to convey the respective companies sense of concern. Some of the companies explain that employees traditionally in the field are now conducting online chats, webinars, etc. in the stead of the traditional face-to-face meetups.

Digital Marketing Courses are being promoted by many Digital Marketers at the moment. The reasoning is that more people are 'home locked' theses days compared to people that were not 'home locked' before the COVID-19 and thus are enabled to enroll in Digital Marketing Courses.

All in all, the target market considers that to be logical and acceptable.

The savvy Digital Marketer finds a way to promote both the Fortune 500 Companies and the Digital Marketing Courses.

Fortune 500 Companies, for starters, are actively seeking contractors to train employees to work-at-home.

Digital Marketing Courses, for starters, are actively seeking Digital Marketers to promote the courses, aka affiliates.

All in all, monetarily the customer has nothing to lose if they are not required to spend money, ex: free course.

Enter the upsell. That usually requires the customer to spend money and like Kurt said... "I'm not sure people are spending money, or if they should."
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jeffery's post:
  • Kurt
Like Reply
Times like these bring out the best and the worst of people.

Finding a balance is key. It does feel "icky" in a way to push stuff when people don't know if they'll have food to eat next week or if they'll be dead.

But at the same time, marketers need to eat too.

These 20% off my $2,000 product because of the virus offers, though, stink to high heaven for me. It's like getting a Christmas gift of 20% off a course. That's not a gift in my opinion. But that's just me.
[-] The following 2 users Like 10x's post:
  • Jeffery, Kurt
Like Reply
I think this is an important question, I'm just not sure the answer. I personally struggle with whether I should still email people with my offers. This is a plan I've had for months and has had set back after set back and delay after delay. But should people be spending money on IM stuff now? Balancing my needs with what's best for others along with the thought that we need to continue "normalcy" as much as possible and we still need to spend money to keep the economy going.

...and I don't see a clear and obvious answer.

Enjoy Generous Commissions up to 60%, find ready-to-use swipe files and more with

[-] The following 1 user Likes Kurt's post:
  • Jeffery
Like Reply
It shows your heart is in the right place Kurt. your courses, tips, insights are pennies on the dollar for the type of returns one could achieve, making you one of those trusted experts who price point in a very fair way....WE all know that in this forum, others do not. How you communicate that to people is the mystery unfolding.

On a different note I have this video insights to share by another honest dude - Neil Patel.
The advice about the coming recession is now very relevant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6r4fb2EgVY

TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:

[00:54] Today’s Topic: The Future of Digital Marketing According to Neil Patel
[01:30] When you work with companies of all sizes, you notice trends and patterns in the industry.
[02:40] I see every single side of marketing.
[03:20] There are at least a billion blogs on the Internet.
[03:30] Do we honestly need this many blogs?
[04:15] All companies are leveraging digital marketing.
[06:22] We are all worried about another recession.
[06:32] However, during the last recession, Google’s revenue went up.
[07:32] Marketing is going omni-channel.
[07:47] Google has the majority of the revenue, with Facebook a close second.
[10:06] In general, social shares are declining.
[10:25] Google doesn’t penalize for duplicate content.
[12:25] If you don’t keep updating your content, you won’t maintain your rankings.
[14:11] Conversion rate optimization is not sexy, but it’s effective.
[14:35] It’s the smallest investment with the biggest ROI.
[17:09] There are so many tools to use to compare your competitors stats with your own.
[19:45] Growing traffic used to be a manual process, but can easily be automated using Clickflow.
[24:05] Uber and Dropbox came in with so much hype, but when they went public, their stocks didn’t do as well.
[24:40] For visibility and omni-channel marketing, always use the Rule of Seven.
[27:01] Email and push notifications are still a great way to market.
[30:00] The more you focus on conversions, the better off you will be.
[30:14] Conventional CRO tactics won’t work anymore.
[32:55] Personalized messaging is a great tactic.
[33:12] Chat is responsible for 28% of Neil’s sales.
[36:15] Anything you do in marketing and business should be researched and tested.
[37:12] That’s it for today!
[37:26] We are going to take applications for live intensive sessions. Just go to the Marketing School site for more information and to apply.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cosmic77's post:
  • Kurt
Like Reply
You may have seen my Seedz.net is for sale. I didn't really expect it to sell here because of traffic. But it does bring up a point relevant to this thread.

With COVID people are bringing up growing your own food. The timing for me to try to sell this domain is now (or soon) when the market for this domain name is at it's highest.

Is it wrong of me to take advantage of the situation and try to sell it when the value of this domain name is at the highest?

Like Reply
(03-20-2020, 10:35 AM)Kurt Wrote: You may have seen my Seedz.net is for sale. I didn't really expect it to sell here because of traffic. But it does bring up a point relevant to this thread.

With COVID people are bringing up growing your own food. The timing for me to try to sell this domain is now (or soon) when the market for this domain name is at it's highest.

Is it wrong of me to take advantage of the situation and try to sell it when the value of this domain name is at the highest?
No, it is not wrong of you at all.
  • Kurt
Like Reply
Ok this is getting weird, Bro & I thought ahead of curve about 5 weeks ago and started buying small amounts of necessities for our elderly folk. We also focused on seeds as a precaution (But also we plant anyway). By the time we went looking end of last week, all seeds for Veg were sold out, every shop except one which had just 8 packets left. Went to our local B&Q superstore today and there were only a handful of potato plants left which we bought.

PLEASE Get as much as you can for it. Now is your time & doing honest business to help your family with wise financial thought = wholesome
Trust me If I had the cash, I'd buy it. Its going to be all online next few months as restrictions in travel take place.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cosmic77's post:
  • Kurt
Like Reply
(03-20-2020, 09:39 PM)cosmic77 Wrote: Ok this is getting weird, Bro & I thought ahead of curve about 5 weeks ago and started buying small amounts of necessities for our elderly folk. We also focused on seeds as a precaution (But also we plant anyway). By the time we went looking end of last week, all seeds for Veg were sold out, every shop except one which had just 8 packets left. Went to our local B&Q superstore today and there were only a handful of potato plants left which we bought.

PLEASE Get as much as you can for it. Now is your time & doing honest business to help your family with wise financial thought = wholesome
Trust me If I had the cash, I'd buy it. Its going to be all online next few months as restrictions in travel take place.

If I had time I'd probably develop it myself. But the timing is best to sell it now. I guess I probably shouldn't assume everyone doesn't have money and it could be a good investment for someone.

Like Reply
I'd say go for it Kurt. If nothing else, you have enough morals/ethics to ask is it wrong. I think a bunch of the junk I'm getting are those who would stab their mother in the back or sell their firstborn for some good traffic. Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes 10x's post:
  • Jeffery
Like Reply
The Updated List of All Pennsylvania Businesses That Gov. Wolf Ordered Closed

This is a list of businesses that are ordered closed and includes a list of businesses that may remain open in Pennsylvania. It is expected that other states will follow a similar suit.

At the least one can determine which industries to target.
  • 10x
Like Reply
(03-20-2020, 10:35 AM)Kurt Wrote: You may have seen my Seedz.net is for sale. I didn't really expect it to sell here because of traffic. But it does bring up a point relevant to this thread.

Yes i was going to say that this is really a trending topic. its short term and if you do jump on it you really have to think of
it like that.  At most its like a 3 month thing.  That is one thing i've never been very good at.  I mean the time limit thing.
I've always loved the idea like crazy of getting a trending topic going but alas I'm like the non-energizing bunny I move at
the speed of STOP.  Lol.  But Kurt get that out there.  I wish I could buy it to tell you the truth but the price is a little high
for me.  I'm sure if you rock and roll that will sell.  You know how much people love those ready made stuffs online. no not wrong imho
[-] The following 1 user Likes Claire Koch's post:
  • Kurt
Like Reply
Here's an idea that could be a useful service...

The Best Free and Paid Conference Call Services
https://www.quicksprout.com/best-confere...-services/

Like Reply
Here's a good thread on Reddit about businesses that will do well during COVID:
https://www.reddit.com/r/marketing/comme...uring_the/

Like Reply
Awesome List Kurt - Keep it going !
Like Reply
Here's a good article about copywriting during these times...It includes:
  • Guidelines for staying sensitive
  • Resources for ensuring accuracy
  • Suggestions for modifying your offers
  • Tips for keeping track of it all
https://www.wordstream.com/blog/ws/2020/...g-covid-19

Like Reply
[Image: 92003134_2600687743542665_36724856512923...e=5EB238A8]

[-] The following 2 users Like Kurt's post:
  • 10x, Claire Koch
Like Reply
Thanks for this but some are baffling - Country clubs? All the Ones locally I know are going bankrupt or soon will by End Of Sanctions (we've been told its probably June in UK ! ) Art Galleries - Again as above unless they mean online... Event photography - All events cancelled...
Like Reply
I really think it has to do a lot with online ordering.  The companies that have joined in got the ordering up or already
have it are doing better then they were before.  This does not include percentages as far as WHO is succeeding and
who isn't in the niche.   I hate the thought of charging anyone at this difficult time tho.  The trick is freebees and followups to them I think.
Its time to help people.  Just a heads up to Kurt for starting this as i really am loving this topic.
Like Reply
(04-08-2020, 01:42 AM)Claire Koch Wrote: I hate the thought of charging anyone at this difficult time tho.  The trick is freebees and followups to them I think.
Its time to help people.  Just a heads up to Kurt for starting this as i really am loving this topic.

I agree charging seems weird, maybe even"bad" in these troubled times (and who knows how long they will last) but we have to remember we can balance charity/helping/love/friendship while at the same time not hurting ourselves and making sure we can eat. I don't think it has come down to dog eat dog yet and I pray it won't but we do need to be able to feed and protect and nurture ourselves and our families. Like the stewardess says, we can't help others unless we put the oxygen mask on ourselves first.
Like Reply
(04-08-2020, 01:42 AM)Claire Koch Wrote: I really think it has to do a lot with online ordering.  The companies that have joined in got the ordering up or already
have it are doing better then they were before.  This does not include percentages as far as WHO is succeeding and
who isn't in the niche.   I hate the thought of charging anyone at this difficult time tho.  The trick is freebees and followups to them I think.

Thanks...but I didn't start this thread, cosmic77 did and it was his idea,  although I'm always willing to steal credit. Smile

This is a tough situation for me. I lost my only client (a close friend) because her Las Vegas business totally tanked. I closed my Etsy shop because some print on demand companies closed their factories and I'm concerned others in other states will too. I sell IM stuff but feel bad trying to sell things, but it's what I do.

• Claire Koch
Like Reply
(04-08-2020, 05:53 AM)Kurt Wrote:
(04-08-2020, 01:42 AM)Claire Koch Wrote: I really think it has to do a lot with online ordering.  The companies that have joined in got the ordering up or already
Thanks...but I didn't start this thread, cosmic77 did and it was his idea,  although I'm always willing to steal credit. Smile

This is a tough situation for me. I lost my only client (a close friend) because her Las Vegas business totally tanked. I closed my Etsy shop because some print on demand companies closed their factories and I'm concerned others in other states will too. I sell IM stuff but feel bad trying to sell things, but it's what I do.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
always calling you my favorite marketer so willing always to give you extra credit even if its not warrented. Lol you do deserve it.  Did you upgrade the responses screen it seems better.  Or did i forget what it looked like before I took some time to work on my biz lol. I'm sorry to hear you had to close your etsy shop I thought about trying to do some design on there or do print on demand guess not for now anyways.  Its helpful for us to know not to start right now.  But I'm really sorry to hear you could not carry on.
Like Reply
This site has "60 awesome tools and resources made freely available during the COVID crisis":
https://www.digitalinformationworld.com/...risis.html

Like Reply
40+ Work From Home Tools, Resources, and Tips During COVID-19
https://www.campaignmonitor.com/blog/ema...-covid-19/

Like Reply
I think many local businesses need a Net presence now more than ever.

How many local biz can set up tele-conferences?

How can local retail shops sell their products easily and safely? How can they accept and fulfill orders?

What biz can set up cyber tours use them in unique ways?

How can biz use delivery, drive in and drive up?

What free GPL/Open source tech is there that can help them ASAP?

• Claire Koch
Like Reply
Hi - Thanks Kurt & all others for Ideas. Right now I feel almost building a Hermit Hole in the near forest and living off the berries & mushrooms rather than face this HUGE train wreck thats all around us. You need to do your own due diligence research (Non MSM) to see that
this situation is not normal & is very much orchestrated at a very high level worldwide (Not talking about the virus) The war on terror (Invented by the MIC) is over its now the war on the invisible enemy and I have detailed information from top level official documents to suggest this is going to last at least 3yrs minimum but is modeled on a complete change of our society unlike any of us have ever seen before.
With that in mind I am putting together my own Plan Of Action based on the long term changes. I really wish I was wrong on this but the future although unwritten is now up for sale by the masters of the central hub networks that control our food, water, energy & finance. We can prosper in this If we see the gaps as the takeover unfolds before our eyes. We can educate our children on the freedoms we are born with. We can help many others see the need for change of lifestyle & in doing so benefit from helping in a positive way all those around us to prosper. That is the Focus of my life going forward. Finally we still have time to prepare. This is not the time to be lazy in any way but to push forward in new ways that we cant even imagine right now.
Like Reply
(04-23-2020, 09:27 PM)Kurt Wrote: I think many local businesses need a Net presence now more than ever.

How can local retail shops sell their products easily and safely? How can they accept and fulfill orders?

Something I've noticed where I live is that a number of local food retailers have started delivering instead, but most don't have a website. Or they have a site but no product details or a way to order them. You see umpteen requests on their Facebook pages for details of available goods, price lists etc. and these don't even get answered most of the time. So should I be offering my site buildiing service? Tough one, and like others have said, it maybe seems a bit opportunistic. However, one nearby farm shop has got a new website done, probably quite expensively as it was a web design team rather than a single freelancer, and you can't even find the site in Google. Not a trace. The Facebook post they made about it is buried under heaps of other posts, and the new link hasn't been added to the page info. I could have done a site much cheaper (probably too cheap, that's another issue) and thrown in some free seo for good measure. So maybe it's less opportunistic and more helping a small business? And one who is likely making the best profits they've had for ages.

P.S. Kurt, you should absolutely try selling your domain just now. You're not forcing anyone to buy it, and it will be a useful acquisition for them and a source of income for you. Nothing wrong with that imo.
[-] The following 2 users Like LynnM's post:
  • Jeffery, Kurt
Like Reply
(04-28-2020, 11:11 PM)LynnM Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 09:27 PM)Kurt Wrote: I think many local businesses need a Net presence now more than ever.

Something I've noticed where I live is that a number of local food retailers have started delivering instead, but most don't have a website. Or they have a site but no product details or a way to order them. You see umpteen requests on their Facebook pages for details of available goods, price lists etc. and these don't even get answered most of the time. So should I be offering my site buildiing service? Tough one, and like others have said, it maybe seems a bit opportunistic. However, one nearby farm shop has got a new website done, probably quite expensively as it was a web design team rather than a single freelancer, and you can't even find the site in Google. Not a trace. The Facebook post they made about it is buried under heaps of other posts, and the new link hasn't been added to the page info. I could have done a site much cheaper (probably too cheap, that's another issue) and thrown in some free seo for good measure. So maybe it's less opportunistic and more helping a small business? And one who is likely making the best profits they've had for ages.

P.S. Kurt, you should absolutely try selling your domain just now. You're not forcing anyone to buy it, and it will be a useful acquisition for them and a source of income for you. Nothing wrong with that imo.

I struggle with the "opportunistic" part too. On the other hand it's literally a matter of survival for many businesses.

They need to know how to make their business as safe as possible. Masks, sneeze screens, air filters, UV lights, wash stations, paper towel dispensors, gloves and disposal, extended hours.

They also need to be able to run their business as much online as possible. Apps, inventory, delivery, curbside pickup, payment processing, communication, cyber security, etc.

How can a small retail business owner get their inventory online and make sales, collect payment and give the products to customers as fast as possible?

How can a plumber on a house call to fix a leaky pipe keep himself and his clients safe?

How does an attorney set up video conferences with clients securely and easy for both?

Like Reply
(04-29-2020, 01:55 AM)Kurt Wrote:
(04-28-2020, 11:11 PM)LynnM Wrote:

I struggle with the "opportunistic" part too. On the other hand it's literally a matter of survival for many businesses.

They need to know how to make their business as safe as possible. Masks, sneeze screens, air filters, UV lights, wash stations, paper towel dispensors, gloves and disposal, extended hours.

They also need to be able to run their business as much online as possible. Apps, inventory, delivery, curbside pickup, payment processing, communication, cyber security, etc.

How can a small retail business owner get their inventory online and make sales, collect payment and give the products to customers as fast as possible?

How can a plumber on a house call to fix a leaky pipe keep himself and his clients safe?

How does an attorney set up video conferences with clients securely and easy for both?

Seems to me if you can honestly help someone survive this you have an obligation to do so.

The struggle is to help in a way that benefits everyone concerned. Maybe discounting your services/products to a level that keeps you going while building the survivability of other businesses with the understanding upfront that when things return to positive the business relationship goes to normal.

If you can help a struggling business do even better than they did before the shutdown why not at least try?
[-] The following 1 user Likes JoeSpirit's post:
  • Kurt
Like Reply
I think dine in restaurants are in trouble. Some of them may be offer "new" services like take and bake, except take or deliver and cook. Set up weekly subscriptions and compete with the online meal services.

Local restaurants can offer fresher and unique meals and the choice of already cooked or cook-it-yourself menu selections. Home delivery meals are a growing business and IMO local restaurants need to take a look at this market.

This would take some solid marketing but I think local restaurants need to come up with new ways of selling and delivering meals without people having to sit in a restaurant.  I don't believe the market of diners will be big enough to support all of them and those that are the most adaptable will have the best chance of survival.

I think restaurants that offer catering services are pretty well set up for this and would need online/mobile ordering and delivery.

Like Reply
With many states easing restrictions, has this opportunity (to help businesses cope) passed? Or do you think there is a whole new normal and this transition will still last a while and therefore they need help coping with the new normal?

Have any of the above suggestions changed now? Are there new opportunities now with easing of restrictions that wasn't there before?
Like Reply
(05-22-2020, 09:21 PM)10x Wrote: With many states easing restrictions, has this opportunity (to help businesses cope) passed? Or do you think there is a whole new normal and this transition will still last a while and therefore they need help coping with the new normal?

Have any of the above suggestions changed now? Are there new opportunities now with easing of restrictions that wasn't there before?

There's a number of reasonable possiblities that businesses need to plan for. Even if govs loosen restrictions we need to consider that a number of people will still stay away.

Is it reasonable that 10% of a population stop eating out altogether along with the other 90% eating out only 80% of the time even with looser restrictions, for example?

How many local restaurants can survive their macro-market shrinking by about 35%? This hypothetical 35% won't be applied evenly and some businesses will lose more and some lose less. Which group will their business be in?

There's also the possiblitites of second and third waves. I strongly believe virtually all businesses should at least be planning for these possibilities.

I think pretty much all retail business and services will greatly benefit by making health safety a priority in their marketing. For example, from a personal point of view I HATE touching door handles when entering a store...and I'm about as far from being a germaphobe as possible. Wink

Like Reply
A substantial portion of my income is Resturant Consulting for local family owned and operated resturants aka mom-and-pop resturants.

Long story short, those resturants have done great during the lockdown in terms of ROI. Here is why, they only serve pickup and drive thru and some (not  all) limited delivery for exclusive clients.

Consider 'lunch' in the past all of them served inside the reaturants and now that they have converted to mainly pickup and drive thru there are substantial less operating costs. This has not only become the new norm in positive ways it has also become the new norm for ROI. Simply put, they are making more money today compaired to yesterday.

Just keeping a long story short.
  • Kurt
Like Reply
Two days ago the morning news had a report on the restaurants in downtown Indy. They're opening up for outdoor seating at 25% or 50% capacity. They're using sidewalks, parking areas and, in some cases, sections of the road where city council is closing roads for that purpose. With the nicer weather they have people waiting in line for seats. Don't know if that will be enough to keep them solvent considering the reduced capacity and downtown rental rates.

I'm not sure how the all-you-can-eat restaurants can come back though. Seen some discussion on that in another thread.
  • Kurt
Like Reply
(05-23-2020, 10:19 AM)Jeffery Wrote: A substantial portion of my income is Resturant Consulting for local family owned and operated resturants aka mom-and-pop resturants. Long story short, those resturants have done great during the lockdown in terms of ROI. Here is why, they only serve pickup and drive thru and some (not  all) limited delivery for exclusive clients. Consider 'lunch' in the past all of them served inside the reaturants and now that they have converted to mainly pickup and drive thru there are substantial less operating costs. This has not only become the new norm in positive ways it has also become the new norm for ROI. Simply put, they are making more money today compaired to yesterday. Just keeping a long story short.

Any ideas on how they can expand any more?

A while back a trend started where people would rent little kitchens in a bigger complex to save on rent and inspections,etc. They would even white label pizza. I can see this as an increasing trend, just doing away with dining areas in many cases.

I would think about things like efficiency. Maybe create packages of 5 meals, two fresh and three "fresh frozen". It's easier to prepare and deliver meals like this.
(05-24-2020, 01:11 PM)JoeSpirit Wrote: Two days ago the morning news had a report on the restaurants in downtown Indy. They're opening up for outdoor seating at 25% or 50% capacity. They're using sidewalks, parking areas and, in some cases, sections of the road where city council is closing roads for that purpose. With the nicer weather they have people waiting in line for seats. Don't know if that will be enough to keep them solvent considering the reduced capacity and downtown rental rates. I'm not sure how the all-you-can-eat restaurants can come back though. Seen some discussion on that in another thread.

Denver and the little tourist town I live in is doing similar. This town is a summer mountain tourist town and we're under pretty strong restrictions including everyone has to wear a mask downtown and social distancing. Pretty much everyone here was wearing masks at stores before the regulations were put in place.

Like Reply
A friend of mine went to ACE hardware a couple of days ago. He told me they weren't letting anyone in without a mask and limited occupancy to 10 people inside the store at a time.
  • Kurt
Like Reply
(05-26-2020, 12:39 PM)JoeSpirit Wrote: A friend of mine went to ACE hardware a couple of days ago. He told me they weren't letting anyone in without a mask and limited occupancy to 10 people inside the store at a time.
Yeah, that is not uncommon these days. Each state has it's own rules. Some cities and even some stores have their own rules as long as they maintain the state laws as a minimum.

I went fishing the other day and the fish said I could not fish there. (joking) Rolleyes
  • Kurt
Like Reply
The indoor businesses where people linger for periods of time seem to be the riskiest and the ones that will have the hardest time surviving IMO. I haven't gone to a movie theater in years and I can't see me considering going any time soon and with home entertainment systems I think theaters are in trouble although Drive ins seem to be making a comeback.

Bars and night clubs pose a big problem for me. Common senses is to stay away from these places but the reality is how do you tell 18-25 year olds they can't be social? How do they stop dating and hang out with each other? Being outdoors will probably help a lot but in colder places and bad weather.

On the other hand shopping in stores where people get in and out and keep moving seems to be pretty safe, except for the workers who are stuck inside all day. I still think it's best to extend open hours, not reduce them, so the density is less wherever possible.

Like Reply
(05-25-2020, 02:11 AM)Kurt Wrote:
(05-23-2020, 10:19 AM)Jeffery Wrote: A substantial portion of my income is Resturant Consulting for local family owned and operated resturants aka mom-and-pop resturants. Long story short, those resturants have done great during the lockdown in terms of ROI. Here is why, they only serve pickup and drive thru and some (not  all) limited delivery for exclusive clients. Consider 'lunch' in the past all of them served inside the reaturants and now that they have converted to mainly pickup and drive thru there are substantial less operating costs. This has not only become the new norm in positive ways it has also become the new norm for ROI. Simply put, they are making more money today compaired to yesterday. Just keeping a long story short.

Any ideas on how they can expand any more?

A while back a trend started where people would rent little kitchens in a bigger complex to save on rent and inspections,etc. They would even white label pizza. I can see this as an increasing trend, just doing away with dining areas in many cases.

I would think about things like efficiency. Maybe create packages of 5 meals, two fresh and three "fresh frozen". It's easier to prepare and deliver meals like this.

Here in Tn the mom-n-pop resturants and diners serve a population of people that are mainly self-sufficient in many ways. Take lunch for example. Businesses with a dozen to 200 people do lunch in one of two ways: individuals take their lunch to work and the second group orders pizza delivery for small groups of people. There are times one or two people make a run to a fast food resturant for smaller groups of people. Typically on or after payday.

In the above scenerio it is all about fast food and economics, i.e. consume a quick lunch on the cheap. Frozen meals does not meet either fast/economics, though there is sensible room for it in terms of economics, the quick lunch masses typically plan one-day-at-a-time.

Enter mom-n-pop. They serve a limited crowd of people that want quality over fast/economics. Typically, the resturants are diverse in terms of cusine such as italian, country and even asian. The ingrediants are fresh as in off the vein that day or out of the oven that day. Frozen meals are a big no-no in their world and microwaves bring shame and slander into the equation, lol.

What does work for the consumer with a freezer or two is home delivered meat be it directly from a local butcher and in some cases 'under the counter' wild game. When you add 1 + 1 in Tn it comes out to 3 and it all makes some kind of cultural sense, lol.
  • Kurt
Like Reply

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free Marketing Essentials - What are some of your favorite FREE marketing resources? Kurt 19 37985 11-02-2022, 03:23 AM
Last Post: Kurt
  A good free stock video site for marketing Kurt 0 1839 06-08-2022, 05:43 PM
  An insiders look at affiliate marketing from a former affiliate manager Kurt 0 1319 05-05-2022, 01:21 AM
  Regular pages or marketing pages? BobKa 1 1975 03-30-2022, 09:29 PM
  CXL Digital Marketing Training? Kurt 1 3880 03-10-2022, 10:46 AM
Last Post: BelaDublin
  What is your favorite marketing tools for 2022? Asan 3 3445 02-03-2022, 12:29 PM
Last Post: michafr1
  Jarvee for social marketing anyone? Karen Dot 1 2387 01-24-2022, 07:13 AM
  The BIG list of premium marketing tools that offer free trials Kurt 13 50193 10-26-2021, 03:22 PM
  Easy and free way to set up a social marketing network with great content Kurt 1 2985 08-30-2021, 06:04 PM
  What are the essential tech skills for marketing online? Kurt 0 2165 08-18-2021, 02:43 AM