Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is where you live famous for?
I live in Estes Park CO. It's a "summer" Colorado mountain tourist town. Most tourist towns in Colorado are winter sports resorts, and we get less snow (usually) on this side of the mountains.

We're the gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park, which is the 3-4 most visited national park in the US and known for the Park. We're also known for the Stanley Hotel which is where Steven King wrote The Shining.

But more than anything else, we're known for the elk that visit town. Just a few miles away is the largest concentration of elk on Earth and they visit town often and are our major tourist attraction. Mostly people from Denver/Boulder, but also from all over the World come here to see the elk.

BTW The Stanley was also used in the movie Dumb and Dumber. It was created as a resort for FO Stanley who created the Stanely Steamer steam powered car. Stanley once picked up Teddy Roosevelt in Denver and drove him to the hotel in Estes to go hunting.

Enjoy Generous Commissions up to 60%, find ready-to-use swipe files and more with
The Pheeds Kings and Queens of Content VIP Club affiliate program.

Click here to your affiliate link and get started now.

Like Reply
Also, the head waters of the Colorado River are only a few miles away on the other side of the mountain. It's just a trickle and you can literally straddle it.

Enjoy Generous Commissions up to 60%, find ready-to-use swipe files and more with

Like Reply
I live in lexington ky we are famous for the ky derby. Everyone who attends mostly will wear a hat its a tradition.

[Image: Kentucky_Derby_2014-0214.jpg]

Horse farms everywhere here we can ride for 2 minutes turn a corner there they are.

[Image: Kentucky_horse_farm.JPEG]

So different for me I used to live in the city in Philadelphia Pa. 

Which of course is famous for history. 

I love the horses now but it is kind of played down by the fact that it rains here constantly.  Because of that lexington is also famous for

blue grass which happens when grass is not mowed it gets a blue flower on the top.  I don't get it it doesnt ever look blue tho. lol

[-] The following 1 user Likes Claire Koch's post:
  • Kurt
Like Reply
(03-15-2020, 04:38 PM)Claire Koch Wrote: I live in lexington ky we are famous for the ky derby. Everyone who attends mostly will wear a hat its a tradition.

[Image: Kentucky_Derby_2014-0214.jpg]

Horse farms everywhere here we can ride for 2 minutes turn a corner there they are.

[Image: Kentucky_horse_farm.JPEG]

So different for me I used to live in the city in Philadelphia Pa. 

Which of course is famous for history. 

I love the horses now but it is kind of played down by the fact that it rains here constantly.  Because of that lexington is also famous for

blue grass which happens when grass is not mowed it gets a blue flower on the top.  I don't get it it doesnt ever look blue tho. lol

Mint juleps and UK too. Wink

OH my goodness I forgot about the UK teams how is possible Kurt!

[-] The following 1 user Likes Kurt's post:
  • Claire Koch
Like Reply
I live in a small town in the French Pyrenees. In normal times, I nip across the border to Spain to eat wild boar and buy cheap alcohol but for the moment I’m living a secluded life as a 69 year old diabetic. I’ve been secluded for a while as I was recovering from almost losing a foot and was hoping to get back out there this Spring. Let’s hope they find a vaccine soon.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pearson458's post:
  • Kurt
Like Reply
I hope people reading this will tell us about where you live. Meeting people from all over the World is one of the very best things about the Net.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Kurt's post:
  • Claire Koch
Like Reply
The town I live in is about 2-3 miles from an entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park where this video of a moose and calf was taken.

Click to view:

https://www.facebook.com/NBCMontana/vide...445048502/

Like Reply
I come from Liverpool England which is probably famous for many things not the least of which is The Beatles. As most people know they often played at The Cavern club in the early sixties and everyone would queue for hours to see them, myself included. It was a time when all the famous groups would play there and we watched them all. We even skipped off school to go for the lunch time sessions.
Dancing at The Cavern was a real experience, today it would be closed down for health and safety reasons as it really was a cellar with only  one very steep stone staircase leading underground and at weekends it would be packed to capacity, Cilla Black would have collected your coat at the entrance because she was the cloakroom girl who later became famous.
Very happy days
Like Reply