Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Four-Letter Code to Selling Just About Anything
Really interesting, although a bit long, about the evolution of marketing in America and a really influential person most of us have probably never heard of...

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/the-f...t-anything?

Quote:"The world below would soon match his dreamy vision. Loewy would do more than almost any person in the 20th century to shape the aesthetic of American culture. His firm designed mid-century icons like the Exxon logo, the Lucky Strike pack, and the Greyhound bus. He designed International Harvester tractors that farmed the Great Plains, merchandise racks at Lucky Stores supermarkets that displayed produce, Frigidaire ovens that cooked meals, and Singer vacuum cleaners that ingested the crumbs of dinner. Loewy’s Starliner Coupé from the early 1950s—nicknamed the “Loewy Coupé”—is still one of the most influential automotive designs of the 20th century. The famous blue nose of Air Force One? That was Loewy’s touch, too. "

Enjoy Generous Commissions up to 60%, find ready-to-use swipe files and more with
The Pheeds Kings and Queens of Content VIP Club affiliate program.

Click here to your affiliate link and get started now.

Like Reply
I read about half of it yesterday and gave up on finding the four letter code. Did you find it? It is worthy! I also thought about posting it here, but you beat me to it, lol.
Like Reply
(02-28-2020, 10:52 PM)Jeffery Wrote: I read about half of it yesterday and gave up on finding the four letter code. Did you find it? It is worthy! I also thought about posting it here, but you beat me to it, lol.
Which half? The left or the right?

I didn't get the 4 letter code either. I think it's referring to "cool" and that cool sells.

Enjoy Generous Commissions up to 60%, find ready-to-use swipe files and more with

Like Reply
My take on it is to sell people with concepts of what they are already familiar with and then add a twist or two keeping in mind that people are familiar with twists that can make for a better widget. He certainly proved his creative logic works.

Oh, The Top Half. Smile.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jeffery's post:
  • Kurt
Like Reply
(02-29-2020, 05:25 AM)Jeffery Wrote: My take on it is to sell people with concepts of what they are already familiar with and then add a twist or two keeping in mind that people are familiar with twists that can make for a better widget. He certainly proved his creative logic works.

Oh, The Top Half. Smile.
I think that's more than 4 letters. Wink

[-] The following 1 user Likes Kurt's post:
  • Jeffery
Like Reply
(02-29-2020, 05:59 AM)Kurt Wrote:
(02-29-2020, 05:25 AM)Jeffery Wrote: My take on it is to sell people with concepts of what they are already familiar with and then add a twist or two keeping in mind that people are familiar with twists that can make for a better widget. He certainly proved his creative logic works.

Oh, The Top Half. Smile.
I think that's more than 4 letters. Wink
Touche Cool
Like Reply

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What changed for keywords & why I stopped selling my keyword tool 15 years ago? Kurt 1 3676 03-06-2020, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Claire Koch