Pheeds.com
Good or Frightening? New program combines text to speach to text and audio editing - Printable Version

+- Pheeds.com (https://pheeds.com/phorum)
+-- Forum: Phorums (https://pheeds.com/phorum/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: Cash Cow Marketing (https://pheeds.com/phorum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Good or Frightening? New program combines text to speach to text and audio editing (/showthread.php?tid=417)

Good or Frightening? New program combines text to speach to text and audio editing - Kurt - 07-22-2020

Marketers should really watch this video. First, it's really well done and second it demos a new type of audio editor. I haven't tried it to see if it actually works, but the demo is really impressive and includes the ability to synthesize your voice.

I checked the pricing, it does have a free trial with 3 hours of transcriptions, then it's $14 a month ($10 with annual) with 10 hours of transcrptions a month.

Here's a link to their homepage:
https://www.descript.com/

The sythneszing is very cool and very scary too. I've seen the tech but this is the first time I've seen tech in commercially availble. Descript has some "safe guards" for privacy...

What do you think? Benefits and/or risks?

RE: Good or Frightening? New program combines text to speach to text and audio editing - Jeffery - 07-23-2020

My first thought was an interview with a cartoon character (think wooster) posted in a forum or facebook of choice. Source of character: amazon. Big Grin

Some of your anaimated gifs with the voice, hmm Idea

RE: Good or Frightening? New program combines text to speach to text and audio editing - John444 - 07-23-2020

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
Watch out for fees related to usage
Each character is charged (1) one unit

RE: Good or Frightening? New program combines text to speach to text and audio editing - FredFerguson - 07-27-2020

I see the increased marketing of everything Podcast these days and though I assume it's a big deal... I have zero interest in this.

If anything, I see myself cutting my technology interests in half or more, just to be able to keep up on a day to day basis.

Learning curves are what is stopping a lot of what I'm buying these days, so I can at least act on the stuff I'm acting on now.

RE: Good or Frightening? New program combines text to speach to text and audio editing - Jeffery - 07-27-2020

(07-27-2020, 06:28 AM)FredFerguson Wrote: I see the increased marketing of everything Podcast these days and though I assume it's a big deal... I have zero interest in this.

If anything, I see myself cutting my technology interests in half or more, just to be able to keep up on a day to day basis.

Learning curves are what is stopping a lot of what I'm buying these days, so I can at least act on the stuff I'm acting on now.

I agree, my way is "If it ain't broke don't fix it", meaning the learning curve is sometimes (not always) more time consuming than the benefits. Some of my older and outdated applications are just as good and a whole lot simpler compaired to newer versions of the same applications owed to "bloat".

RE: Good or Frightening? New program combines text to speach to text and audio editing - Kurt - 07-28-2020

(07-27-2020, 06:28 AM)FredFerguson Wrote: I see the increased marketing of everything Podcast these days and though I assume it's a big deal... I have zero interest in this. If anything, I see myself cutting my technology interests in half or more, just to be able to keep up on a day to day basis. Learning curves are what is stopping a lot of what I'm buying these days, so I can at least act on the stuff I'm acting on now.
(07-27-2020, 09:27 AM)Jeffery Wrote: I agree, my way is "If it ain't broke don't fix it", meaning the learning curve is sometimes (not always) more time consuming than the benefits. Some of my older and outdated applications are just as good and a whole lot simpler compaired to newer versions of the same applications owed to "bloat".

I agree about learning curves. However, this isn't just about podcasts. It's an audio editor which can be used for creating voice overs for video too. My least favorite thing about creating how to videos is my speaking. The ability to edit the voice over using text and then potentially type a script and then have it "speak" using my own voice to use in videos is something of interest.

RE: Good or Frightening? New program combines text to speach to text and audio editing - Pearson458 - 07-30-2020

I tried it out with one video and couldn't get it to work. Probably says more about me than the program

RE: Good or Frightening? New program combines text to speach to text and audio editing - Kurt - 08-01-2020

(07-30-2020, 08:27 AM)Pearson458 Wrote: I tried it out with one video and couldn't get it to work. Probably says more about me than the program
(07-22-2020, 06:05 PM)Kurt Wrote: I haven't tried it to see if it actually works

I'm not so sure about that Pearson...look at this sentence from my OP. It's funny how many of these "amazing" apps don't work. Wink