Pheeds.com
Odds of a recession this year have jumped this week - Printable Version

+- Pheeds.com (https://pheeds.com/phorum)
+-- Forum: Phorums (https://pheeds.com/phorum/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Forum: Water Trough - Off Topic (https://pheeds.com/phorum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Odds of a recession this year have jumped this week (/showthread.php?tid=135)

Odds of a recession this year have jumped this week - Tim Phelan - 02-28-2020

So, now the odds are up to around 33% according to odds.watch

https://odds.watch/recession

RE: Odds of a recession this year have jumped this week - Claire Koch - 03-09-2020

actually its at 62% as of my viewing it.

I don't think it will last though. It is all about the corona virus
and that may be a false panic.

Don't tell me that was an accident.

You just tend to wonder if you know what I mean. Trump
as dealing with other countries to pull themselves together
and low and behold a virus pops up in one of them and kills
a bunch.

Very very suspicious but a recession I'm not sure summer is
coming soon here so it shouldn't last.

We shall see.

RE: Odds of a recession this year have jumped this week - Kurt - 03-09-2020

Lets not get political. I probably shouldn't have let Tim's OP post, but it isn't political in nature, but I was afraid it would become political.

My only political message I'll post at Pheeds is that I believe there are powers that work hard to separate people, to find their differences and exploit them for their own financial and political benefits.

We as people have many differences that need to be talked about. But finding common ground is more important and almost never talked about. This forum is about what we have in common and not what we don't.

I have very strong political beliefs but I am not posting them here and want others to focus on the things we share not what divides us.

RE: Odds of a recession this year have jumped this week - Claire Koch - 03-15-2020

(03-09-2020, 07:35 PM)Kurt Wrote: Lets not get political. I probably shouldn't have let Tim's OP post, but it isn't political in nature, but I was afraid it would become political.

My only political message I'll post at Pheeds is that I believe there are powers that work hard to separate people, to find their differences and exploit them for their own financial and political benefits.

We as people have many differences that need to be talked about. But finding common ground is more important and almost never talked about. This forum is about what we have in common and not what we don't.

I have very strong political beliefs but I am not posting them here and want others to focus on the things we share not what divides us.
Sorry about that Kurt I didn't realize i was political.  Watch the news during the week so I kinda naturally brought what i saw into
the conversation.   I was tooting a conspiracy theory more then being political.  That's even worse.   Claire makes a mental note.
Don't we always talk about what we think and see?  Its a problem.  I have a habit of it.  One I will definitely need to break right now.
Angel

RE: Odds of a recession this year have jumped this week - cosmic77 - 03-18-2020

Actually this can be a Positive discussion (Non Political)
Poll now at 79% But its US based

Here in GB -
In last 24 Hrs - My top x2 Clients have cancelled their monthly SEO orders to my company (- 79% drop in my turnover) Yes I Know "eggs in basket".
My JV Consultancy partner was on phone yesterday for 9 hrs flat taking emergency calls off all B2B clients saying everything in their industries is slowing to a snail crawl or suddenly halted with forward orders of servicing, distribution, seminar meetings, etc. He has got a lot of "non essentials" types of companies however right at this moment in time we both agreed this cannot last longer than 16 weeks Maximum before irreversible economic damage.

Lets put our heads together as a Braintust here perhaps?
Or If not - Lets look at trending Niches of sales/services we can honorably help out, helping our own families at the same time.

RE: Odds of a recession this year have jumped this week - Kurt - 03-18-2020

(03-18-2020, 01:28 PM)cosmic77 Wrote: Actually this can be a Positive discussion (Non Political)
Poll now at 79% But its US based

Here in GB -
In last 24 Hrs - My top x2 Clients have cancelled their monthly SEO orders to my company (- 79% drop in my turnover) Yes I Know "eggs in basket".
My JV Consultancy partner was on phone yesterday for 9 hrs flat taking emergency calls off all B2B clients saying everything in their industries is slowing to a snail crawl or suddenly halted with forward orders of servicing, distribution, seminar meetings, etc. He has got a lot of "non essentials" types of companies however right at this moment in time we both agreed this cannot last longer than 16 weeks Maximum before irreversible economic damage.

Lets put our heads together as a Braintust here perhaps?
Or If not  - Lets look at trending Niches of sales/services we can honorably help out, helping our own families at the same time.

We're in an unknown situation so it's hard to predict anything or for me to give advice. But I will say one of the most important lessons I was taught is that when things are bad, businesses need to INCREASE their marketing spending. It can be counter-intuitive when a business is losing money to spend more money...but the question is, if they don't increase marketing how exactly are they going to get business?

On the other hand, this is a different situation than we've seen. There simply may be no customers to market to. My suggestion would be to help clients stay in business as much as possible, even if they can't pay, assuming you can afford to keep going without money.

RE: Odds of a recession this year have jumped this week - cosmic77 - 03-18-2020

Thanks Kurt. My suggestion is to open a thread - Covid19 Survival marketing Ideas OR something like that.
I just read the US doctors report press release and they gave the "best case" casualty scenario as VERY bad (I dont want to quote figures here as its too upsetting)
My Ideas at the moment - Small membership club on Localised B2B helpline Information & Networking, Free Webinars (to) Paid consultancy on supporting sales & Cashflow Ideas for New Home Business start Ups, etc....Any Other Ideas?

RE: Odds of a recession this year have jumped this week - Kurt - 03-18-2020

(03-18-2020, 04:30 PM)cosmic77 Wrote: Thanks Kurt. My suggestion is to open a thread - Covid19 Survival marketing Ideas OR something like that.
I just read the US doctors report press release and they gave the "best case" casualty scenario as VERY bad (I dont want to quote figures here as its too upsetting)
My Ideas at the moment - Small membership club on Localised B2B helpline Information &  Networking, Free Webinars (to) Paid consultancy on supporting sales & Cashflow Ideas for New Home Business start Ups, etc....Any Other Ideas?

Feel free to start threads about topics. As a matter of fact, I've set up the Cow Chips so that starting threads (that people reply to) is the best way to earn cow chips and is highly encourage... Wink