Pheeds.com

Full Version: A new marketing strategy The Pheeds Funnel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm a fan of the TV show The Carbanaro Effect. It's about a magician that plays practical jokes on unsuspecting people. He does the same magic tricks but one simple change makes a profound difference. With other magicians, people ask, "How did he do that?". With Carbanaro they ask, "How did that happen and what's going on here?".

I just figured out something similar with marketing. A simple little change that has a big impact on my own marketing. It has to do with sales funnels.

I personally don't like having to click through a bunch of "OTOs" to get to my purchase. On the other hand, as a seller I understand that they do help the bottom line and some people like REASONABLE product funnels. But being a "treat others how you want them to treat you" I rarely added OTO/Upsells/Downsells to my products.

But that's changed. It's the Pheeds Funnel. I'm now putting TWO Buy Buttons on my sales pages.

1. Buy and get direct access.
-or-
2. Buy and check out some special deals you won't get anywhere else.

It's now each person's choice. For me as a seller I'm fine with this and I'm now treating people how I want to be treated. Give me a choice.

You can see a Pheeds Funnel in action here on the new Domain Royale Method sales page:
http://kurtmelvin.com/DomainRoyale/

What do you think of this as a customer?

And sellers...how can this be improved? Could a discount be offered for people that choose the funnel?
(09-12-2020, 02:03 AM)Kurt Wrote: [ -> ]It's now each person's choice. For me as a seller I'm fine with this and I'm now treating people how I want to be treated. Give me a choice.

You can see a Pheeds Funnel in action here on the new Domain Royale Method sales page:
? http://kurtmelvin.com/DomainRoyale/

And sellers...how can this be improved? Could a discount be offered for people that choose the funnel?
It's great.

Keeping in mind that you are selling a product for both new Domainers and seasoned Domainers that are used to funnels, so they will understand the concept.

As a customer that is not familiar with funnels they may think that the additional upsells are mandatory to take full advantage of the product. Sometimes we see the question "Is there anything else to buy that is required for the product to work?"

I as a seller would add a statement that the upsells are "not" required, yet give you the Domainer's advantages, etc." Something like that.
(09-13-2020, 01:23 AM)Jeffery Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-12-2020, 02:03 AM)Kurt Wrote: [ -> ]It's now each person's choice. For me as a seller I'm fine with this and I'm now treating people how I want to be treated. Give me a choice.

? http://kurtmelvin.com/DomainRoyale/

It's great.

Keeping in mind that you are selling a product for both new Domainers and seasoned Domainers that are used to funnels, so they will understand the concept.

As a customer that is not familiar with funnels they may think that the additional upsells are mandatory to take full advantage of the product. Sometimes we see the question "Is there anything else to buy that is required for the product to work?"

I as a seller would add a statement that the upsells are "not" required, yet give you the Domainer's advantages, etc." Something like that.

I do have this a little below the buttons:
""Check them out. There's no obligation."

There's a lot of variables that could be tested like offering the funnel for a dollar or two cheaper. It would also be interesting to charge a couple of bucks more for the funnel version, although I'll leave this for someone else.

I personally don't like funnels so rarely use them as a seller. Having an optio lets me "do unto others as..." as well as do some marketing. While funnels work for the immediate bottom line, I have to wonder what their long term impact in the industry is?
Think this is a good idea.  That reminds me of an old product they had out
where you could either buy a product or take your chance at the roller coaster
where you could get a random price.

I think people like having options as opposed to having to.  But I'll be honest
I hate otos and still end up buying they work.  Don't know if your idea is
more workable or not.

Maybe a split test is in order but I don't know if you hate otos enough not to
even want to do that.  I'd be ineterested tho in an outcome of both being
tested.

And alas its just an idea.