Twenty-eightTwenty-eight (28) is the natural number following twenty-seven and preceding twenty-nine. It is is a composite number, its proper divisors being 1, 2 and 7, and its factorization is
Twenty-eight is also
- The atomic number of nickel.
- The number of days in the shortest month of the Gregorian calendar, February. (Except on leap years, when there are twenty-nine.)
- The common name for the parrot Barnardius zonarius semitorquatus, widely distributed in Western Australia and South Australia. Its call sounds like "wenniate".
- The number of letters in the Danish and Swedish alphabets.
- In neo-Nazi circles, twenty-eight indicates Blood and Honour (28 = BH - B - second letter of the alphabet and H - the eight letter).
See also: twenty-six, twenty-seven, twenty-nine, thirty, integer, list of numbers.
This article is about the number. For the year AD 28, see 28.