Texas LeagueThe Texas League is a minor league baseball league which operates in the South Central United States. The league was first formed in 1888, and has had member teams located in several of the surrounding states, including Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Kansas, and New Mexico. The league is divided into an East Division and a West Division.
Current member teams:
- Arkansas Travelers - East Division
- El Paso Diablos - West Division
- Midland RockHounds - West Division
- Frisco RoughRiders - East Division
- Round Rock Express - West Division
- San Antonio Missions - West Division
- Tulsa Drillers - East Division
- Wichita Wranglers - East Division
In baseball slang, a Texas Leaguer is a short fly ball that goes over the heads of infielders to land in front of the outfielders.