King's LynnKing's Lynn is a medium-sized town in Norfolk, England on the River Great Ouse.
In the 14th century, the town ranked as the third port of England. It became very prosperous from the 17th century through the export of corn; the Customs House was built in 1683. It was - and is - a major centre for glass-making.
The Deputy Collector of Customs in 1757 was called George Vancouver. He navigated the American coast in 1790 and gave his name to Vancouver Island and the city of Vancouver - 5,000 miles away from King's Lynn.