- In chemistry, a compound is a chemical combination of two or more elements. See chemical compound and list of compounds.
- In morphology a compound is a word that consists of more than one word, for example summertime.
- In botany, a plant with compound leaves has an array of small, symmetrically-arranged leaflets on each stem, while a plant with simple leaves has one leaf per stem.
- In economy see Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR).
- In music a compound interval is an interval which exceeds or is wider than one octave, contrasted with a simple interval which lies within one octave.