1650Centuries: 16th century - 17th century - 18th century
- June 23 - Claimant King Charles II of England, Scotland and Ireland arrives in Scotland, the only of the three Kingdoms that has accepted him as ruler.
- November 4 - William III of Orange becomes Prince of the House of Orange the moment of his birth, succeeding his father who had died a few days earlier.
- February 2 - Nell Gwynne, actress, royal mistress (+ 1687).
- May 26 - John Churchill, 1st Duke of Marlborough (+ 1722)
- November 4 - Prince William III of Orange, later Stadtholder of Holland, Zeeland and Utrecht and King William III of England, Scotland and Ireland.