129 BCCenturies: 3rd century BC - 2nd century BC - 1st century BC
- Kingdom of Pergamon, including Hierapolis, becomes the Roman Province of Asia upon death of last Attalid king, Attalos III.
- C. Sempronius Tuditanus celebrates his triumph over the Iapydes of Illyria.
- Demetrius II of Syria regained his freedom, recovers the throne of the Seleucid Empire.
- Hipparchus publishes his catalog of stars.
- Battle of Ecbatana: The Seleucid King Antiochus VII Sidetes is defeated and killed by the Parthians under Phraates II, ending Seleucid control over Media or Mesopotamia.
- Total solar eclipse, used by Hipparchus to estimate distance to the moon.
- Emperor Han Wudi of China of the Han dynasty launches his first offensive into the northern steppe.
- Antiochus VII Sidetes (killed in battle)
- Osroes I
- Carneades, philosopher, and founder of Third Academy
- P. Cornelius Scipio Aemilianus Africanus Numantinus (Africanus the Younger)
- Prince Feidhlimidh of Ireland